Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
871 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After the I cident of Zoey running away over the winter, I have never let either dog outside without a leash. Too scared! But we bought a zipline so we can take them out and let them run around some in the nice weather. We set it up yesterday.
It was so funny. I guess we all thought she would automatically know what to do, but we hooked her up and she just sat there staring at us.eventually we showed her how she could run and she got the hang of it.
Here's my question : how do you get them to not clothesline themselves? She runs and starts having fun then next thing you know shes got the run line under her and shes tangled.
Anyone else have this problem?

·
Registered
26 Posts
We have a zipline for Nugget because we don't have a fence, and Nugget is indifferent about it. she likes to be outside, but she doesn't run around on it on her own free time. she's more active indoors than on the line! when I play with her, I'm the one that gets tangled up mostly, haha. she zips around me, does figure eights, runs in circles, and I'm wrapped up in the line. it hurts!

at first, she got tangled up every day for about a week, but she eventually figured it out. the line still gets in between her legs every day. if she's playing and it gets between her legs, she bunny hops around until it's out.
before she figured out bunny hopping, all I did was unwrap her.

when she was out on it the other day, she saw a deer, and boy would she love to make a meal of a deer. she was lunging around on the line, barking, and I went outside to calm her down. she was wrapped up completely in the line. it was wrapped around her back legs, under her stomach, one paw was lifted up against her like it was in a sling. Ridiculous!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts