Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1,913 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK guys, random and pointless post, but I am sooooo excited right now that I just can't contain it! :D

The new fence is going up, right as I type! There are contractors in my side yard setting posts. I feel like a kid on Christmas morning, I keep peeking out the window to watch the new fencing take shape. :D

I know the dogs are going to LOVE IT. It's not a perfectly square area, because it follows the woodsline and goes into the woods in some areas, but if it were square, the area would be roughly 90' x 75' of pure running bliss. We have a huge grassy field for them to run in (and for me to put an agility course in), an island of pine trees for them to race around and nap under, and a huge section of forest for them to play and chase through.

I AM SO EXCITED! I just know that I'll have a blast playing with them and training them in their new play yard. The kennel I already have is awesome, and I plan on still utilizing it for sleeping and for when I'm not home (security), but nothing beats a huge running yard to make huskies (and wolfdogs :) ) truly happy. ;)

·
Registered
1,525 Posts
Congratulations! That is so exciting for you! You must post pictures!

·
Registered
1,913 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Oh don't worry, I will! :D It's the Fort Knox of fences. If nothing else, you guys will get a giggle out of this crazy woman who is willing to put an 8' high fence in her yard. ;)

·
Registered
962 Posts
All I can say is....Watch out squirrels, Nekomi's gang is coming!!!

I got carried away with fence we had installed around our home and property now we have to get out of the vehicle to get in or out. So now I have decided to get a power gate opener $$$

·
Registered
1,913 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
All I can say is....Watch out squirrels, Nekomi's gang is coming!!!
LOL!!!! That is the best comment I have heard all week. :D Yes, watch out squirrels, and rabbits, and mice, and snakes, and deer... ;) Maybe at this rate, my feeding cost will go down dramatically!?

I got carried away with fence we had installed around our home and property now we have to get out of the vehicle to get in or out. So now I have decided to get a power gate opener $$$
I know what you mean. We have a driveway gate here, but we never close it, for that exact reason. Thankfully, the new fenced area doesn't cross the driveway; we live on 3 acres, so we had plenty of options when deciding the play yard. In an ideal world, I could have fenced the whole 3 acres for them, but it's just not practical, and it would leave no room for the farm (gardens, orchard, chickens, horses).

I can't wait to post pics!

·
Registered
509 Posts
It sounds wonderful!....My guy would love it ---your Huskies are very lucky!!!:) Enjoy!

·
Registered
1,913 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Pictures from Day 1 of work will be posted soon - they got all the corner posts in, and some of the line posts! All the holes are dug, and the rest of the posts will go in tomorrow. Gates will be built tomorrow or Friday. Fence panels will go up on Friday or Saturday... and then it's time for the big show. ;)

·
Registered
1,913 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Here are some pics taken with a wide-angle lens (so nope, the posts aren't crooked!), with Bandit helping to model the new area.

More...

·
Registered
962 Posts
We only have pine trees out here , and no flea problem, look like you have alot ofcover and shade. Hers my lucky little guys, and the front gat that will be changed to auto..........

·
Registered
1,913 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
More new fence pics from yesterday's work... it's starting to take shape!

More...

·
Registered
1,913 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
OK guys, I'm getting really excited now! Take a look!!

A second course of the same fence material will be run directly above the first one, making the fence 8' tall, and 2' higher than the posts, to discourage climbing (the top of the fence would wobble).

·
Registered
1,192 Posts
I'm so jealous! I'd love to have a yard like that for Dex, and for whatever other rescue we get down the road. Just watch out for digging; other than that, perfect!

·
Registered
1,913 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Thanks Jess! No problem on the digging - we're having a dig guard put in over the weekend. :) I know my three would dig a tunnel to China if they could!

Second course of panels is going up - holy cow, it's starting to look like a zoo over here... SO GLAD that my yard is completely private and not visible from the road, or I wouldn't be doing this!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts