Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
13,066 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
8 year old Strauss, still as stately as ever :)

·
Registered
13,075 Posts
awwwwwe ....... all your dogs are beautiful! :) I have a soft spot for GSD's ... just could never bring myself to owning another one as I lost mine to parvo. :(

·
Registered
6,437 Posts
Aw look at him. How's his one ear doing?

·
Registered
1,213 Posts
I must say that I love him even more with his floppy ear.

·
Registered
4,470 Posts
He is so handsome. :)

·
Registered
13,066 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
The other ear will never stand again, but it is fine. No recurrence. It is only drooped, not visibly crinkled. If you touch it, you can feel the granulated tissue, but otherwise, just looks like a flopped ear.

I try not to mess with it much, as it seems it's very sensitive (might always be from now on).

It does give him a bit of character, doesn't it? :)

·
Registered
6,437 Posts
Yes it probably will be very sensitive from now on, I know our dog was. That is good there is no recurrence, as that can be a possibility.

Yep it gives him a lot of character.

·
Registered
13,066 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
This surgery was actually done TWICE....the first one failed (the surgeon has NEVER had a hematoma repair fail....only my dog), so it really is 100% fixed now, as there is no tissue left where a hematoma could form. The entire ear is granulated at this point.

·
Registered
10,186 Posts
I know you probably don't like it knowing what's behind it, but I have always wanted a dog with one floppy ear and one stand up ear. I know that's an incredibly stupid reason to like a dog, but there's a tiny little girl inside me squealing with delight at Strauss' new look.

·
Registered
13,066 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
It bothered me for awhile at first, but now I have a hard time picturing him with both ears up anymore. I have tons of pics from when he did. He still looks like Mousedog.

·
Registered
9,131 Posts
I looked for the like button for this thread but non could be found, so I will just *squeeee* like a school girl instead. Love the Strauss!

·
Registered
13,066 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I like to think of him more like Mal Reynolds xD

·
Registered
13,066 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I'm having a hard time believing he's 8. He is just such a blasted fabulous dog.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts