Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,375 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Lacey is a 9 week old mix breed, supposedly Border Collie/Aussie. Her previous owners were unable to sell her as quickly as they wanted (the rest of the litter looked like border collies and they went fast apparently). So they took her down to a local pet store and put her in a pen, asked only for vet references. Much to my dismay (or honestly, joy) I was the next one to walk into the store. I couldn't leave her behind. I mean, look at that face.

I don't know yet whether or not she will be staying. Right now she's being treated for fleas and Coccidia and she needs to have one of her knees looked at as the vet said "hm, that's a little wobbly." I'm also suspicious she's hard of hearing so that will be getting checked. Regardless, she will either stay here or go to a friend/family member.

·
Registered
1,375 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
She has good confirmation and a lovely gait to her for a puppy. She is also very intelligent. She learned what my phone is, watches TV, and has learned Sit, Down, Mat (goes to a mat and lays down on it), head down (head down when she is laying down), watch me, and we are working on a few other tricks that don't have cues yet but involve spinning, shaking, and rolling over. I've never had a dog so smart and anxious to learn! Especially at such a young age.

·
Registered
1,375 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Little Lacey got the all clear from the vet bout her knee and her hearing. Apparently she just really doesn't care about loud noises and she's so smart she isn't easily entertained by small/weird noises that most puppies would investigate. I have some more pictures, just have to upload them.

So far Grace is still boycotting the puppy, up in the air on whether or not she will be staying...doing my best not to get overly attached and trying to view it as a foster situation

·
Registered
97 Posts
She's so adorable. <3 I bet she'll be stunning as an adult. Hope we'll get a chance to see pictures as she grows!

·
Registered
1,375 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
Mini photo dump...

·
Registered
1,375 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Haha, they can't decide what they want to do with themselves! We've pretty much concluded that she will be staying - as my sister's dog. I can't spend too much time with the puppy right now or Grace protests, but I still get to be around the cuteness

1 - 13 of 13 Posts