Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello :) My name is Lauren and I am very excited to be here! I happen to be a horse trainer, with a passion for dog training. Every since I was a little girl I've trained dogs. At the age of eight/nine I trained my lab, Jake, in agility and tricks and my sisters lab, Levi, how to pull my sister along in a wagon.

About a year or so later I got my own horse and became very, very into those amazing creatures. Fast forward six years and I have two horses that I've trained from untouched babies, just got a job riding 37 horses, and am finally starting to calm down in the school department. Thankfully, I am now able to refind my passion for dog training.

My family currently has three dogs, one of which, Jake, is mine. I clicker train my family's little chihuahua but am hopefully getting a rescue border collie after Christmas and the move. I hope to learn lots on this forum, and just be able to get some tips and tricks once I get the little pup. I haven't had to deal with a puppy in a while! I'm finding that a lot of what I use for horses also works with dogs, and vice versa. I'm hoping to really learn a lot here :)

Sincerely,
Lauren Taylor
PS: Random fact, I live where you can ride your horse to work, Tractor Supply, the movie theatre, church AND the grocery store. Guess where that is.

·
Registered
3,504 Posts
Welcome! And the living um...........down south somewhere??? I am not good at stuff like that,haha.

·
Registered
13,075 Posts
Hello and welcome! How about California! :D

·
Registered
13,075 Posts
Yep! I used to live I the south but now we live in northern California... It's not what I imagined it to be, that's for sure!
It sounds like a wonderful place to live. I live out in the country on a lake in the woods ... but there are still rules about the horses on the land here ... as it is a gated community. That makes me sad. I love horses! ... I have seen a few people ride their horses by my house anyways. :)

But just outside of this community there are horse and dairy farms all around! That part makes me happy! Also there is a trail behind the house in the woods that horse riders use quite often. That makes me happy! :D

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
It sounds like a wonderful place to live. I live out in the country on a lake in the woods ... but there are still rules about the horses on the land here ... as it is a gated community. That makes me sad. I love horses! ... I have seen a few people ride their horses by my house anyways. :)

But just outside of this community there are horse and dairy farms all around! That part makes me happy! Also there is a trail behind the house in the woods that horse riders use quite often. That makes me happy! :D
It is... Pretty much everyone works cattle in one way or the other, or they have close relatives that do.

I know quite a few people who would not think the same way you do about riders. I can't TELL you how many times someone has tried to spook my horse or something so that we'll stop riding by their house. And I am probably one of the most courteous riders there are! I never, ever, ever go on there property and I try to get by it with as little fanfare as possible, and never leave poop if my horse has pooped. That's why I carry multiple trash bags. I don't get people sometimes...

·
Registered
13,075 Posts
It is... Pretty much everyone works cattle in one way or the other, or they have close relatives that do.

I know quite a few people who would not think the same way you do about riders. I can't TELL you how many times someone has tried to spook my horse or something so that we'll stop riding by their house. And I am probably one of the most courteous riders there are! I never, ever, ever go on there property and I try to get by it with as little fanfare as possible, and never leave poop if my horse has pooped. That's why I carry multiple trash bags. I don't get people sometimes...
They probably do not think the same way as I do about horses ... I am a horse lover from way back! Lol! A horse could poop in my yard any day of the week ... and I would be happy that I was near the horse! Lol! :D

·
Registered
5,406 Posts
They probably do not think the same way as I do about horses ... I am a horse lover from way back! Lol! A horse could poop in my yard any day of the week ... and I would be happy that I was near the horse! Lol! :D
I am weird. I think horse poop smells . . . nice. And Alice says it is almost as tasty as cow poop - and good to roll in.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I would probably not be happy. But, then again, I shovel horse poop for a living :p

I am weird. I think horse poop smells . . . nice. And Alice says it is almost as tasty as cow poop - and good to roll in.
that is a little different ;). My chihuahua loves horse poop, and he loves to roll in rotten duck eggs. Ick. The labs favorite aroma is skunk. They don't come inside much when the skunks start making the rounds.

Welcome and we have alot in common,My hubby and I are also horse trainers and dog trainers..ha.ha..
Thank you! Haha, yes, we do! Horses are amazing, aren't they?

-Lauren

1 - 12 of 12 Posts