Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
19,018 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, we started Summer on prozac for SA, but she literally turned into zombie dog. It was awful... no interest in playing or agility (which she loves). But now after a week of no prozac, she's back to her usual antics! See for yourself:

Mom! I'm coming, Mom!

more

·
Registered
19,018 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·

the end!

·
Registered
823 Posts
I just love Summer. Adorable. Glad to see she is all happy and smiling. Are you managing her SA without drugs?

·
Registered
282 Posts
Great pictures! I'm glad to hear that she is feeling better being off the Prozac..

·
Registered
2,170 Posts
Oh, she looks so happy! Great pictures, as usual.

Sorry the medicine didn't work out for her. I hope you find something else to help you with her SA.

·
Registered
5,284 Posts
SA is Separation Anxiety.

Sorry it didn't work out, Laurelin. I didn't even realize that she was SA. Love the pics though!

·
Registered
916 Posts
She looks wonderful Lauralin! I have to ask have you tried any other drugs for the SA? Pebbles SA was quite severe and she was on Chlomicalm for 3 1/2 months and now she is a totally different dog! We still have our moments, but it is sooo much better.

·
Registered
19,018 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
She looks wonderful Lauralin! I have to ask have you tried any other drugs for the SA? Pebbles SA was quite severe and she was on Chlomicalm for 3 1/2 months and now she is a totally different dog! We still have our moments, but it is sooo much better.
I was thinking of asking about that. I'm a little reluctant to try drugs again with her. Iw as assured she'd be the same on prozac but she wasn't at all.

At agility she wouldn't even run, it was so sad. But she's back now and just the way I like her. :)

·
Registered
1,027 Posts
Speaking with experience of having taken such a drug in the past, there is nothing better than when you can feel again. She looks absolutely overjoyed. Beautiful, too.

I hope you can find a way to manage her SA that doesn't take her entire personality away.. I'm more than sure you can. :)

·
Registered
916 Posts
I was thinking of asking about that. I'm a little reluctant to try drugs again with her. Iw as assured she'd be the same on prozac but she wasn't at all.

At agility she wouldn't even run, it was so sad. But she's back now and just the way I like her. :)
That is horrible. I'm not sure about the prozac b/c my vet didn't say that was an option for us. I don't think that the two are similar at all, I'm not 100% though. I saw some difference in Pebs while she was on the cc. But I'm not sure if it was the drug or the fact that I was finally getting through the SA and seeing who she truly was. She was still her 'normal' ball loving self, I know something is wrong when she doesn't want to play ball. :p

1 - 15 of 15 Posts