Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
2,263 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We decided to head out for a long hike today. Ended up being about 5 hours worth (mostly through waist high snow) because we got incredibly lost when we decided to go off the beaten path. Here are some of the pics we snagged!

Enter at your own risk!

Posing at the trailhead:

The trail to the peak:

Me and my boy:

(more)

·
Registered
2,263 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Posing for the camera:

King of Pride Rock!

We have to climb.... THAT?!

Another pose for the cam:

(more)

·
Registered
2,263 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
"Race you to the top Dad!"

Posing before our great summit attempt:

View from the top:

"Alright Rocky.... lets go home!"

Thanks for looking, all done!

·
Registered
4,778 Posts
I love that last shot - over the shoulder pictures always turn out so nice.
Looks like you guys had a lot of fun and I'm sure Rocky didn't mind all the extra exercise.

Thanks for sharing!

·
Registered
7,507 Posts
All I can say is WOW breathtaking views! :D

Glad you made it home safe and sound. Has everyone warmed up yet??

·
Registered
3,385 Posts
That is some intense scenery!!! So not fare! He is one photogenic dog, especially in the first pic in your second post!

·
Registered
2,263 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
All I can say is WOW breathtaking views! :D

Glad you made it home safe and sound. Has everyone warmed up yet??
It was actually unseasonably warm today. Made it all the way up to 30 degrees F. We're in the middle of brewing a HUGE pot of homemade chili, and drinking down a pint of oatmeal stout. Was quite the day :)

Days like today give me hope that Rocky will someday be truly trustworthy off leash. He drug his leash probably 90% of the time and responded to recall every single time. He never got more than 50 yards away at any given time. It was really nice.

Wait, who was taking pictures of you two? lol
My roommate ;) He was along for the hike too.

·
Registered
2,263 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
That looks like fun :) Glad you guys had a great day, but now I'm feeling a bit disgruntled about being surrounded by prairie, lol.
Prairie isn't so bad! I grew up in the heart of the Great Plains, and always had plenty of places to explore.

Really, up here in Duluth, I'm just barely north of the prairie land. Boreal forests only start a bit south of here. I can travel southwest into deciduous forest, northeast into heavy boreal, and south into prairie. It's a very nice balance.

·
Registered
2,263 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Great pics Trumpet! The scenery is beautiful and Rocky looks right at home with the backdrop of snow.
He is absolutely in love with snow. I wish I would've taken a video of him bunny hopping through the deepest stuff instead of taking the main path. He also really likes to bury his head in the snow and just plow through like 3 feet of it with his head underneath.

What a clown.

·
Registered
4,355 Posts
It was actually unseasonably warm today. Made it all the way up to 30 degrees F. We're in the middle of brewing a HUGE pot of homemade chili, and drinking down a pint of oatmeal stout. Was quite the day :)
does that mean you and Rocky or you and your roommate?:D

1 - 16 of 16 Posts