Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

3001 - 3009 of 3009 Posts

·
Registered
473 Posts
I've caught the fever but I had planned next dog in 2019. Ahhh! We currently have a 10 month old black lab and a 5 year old Pomeranian. The lab is technically my partner's and the pom is mine. I want another pom in the future but I made the mistake of starting to browse breeders and rescues and now I can't stop! Need to calm down. My last two Poms were really close in age and I swore I'd never do that again because I lost them close together. Gathering myself...ok. Have you ever gotten all itchy way too early?

·
Registered
933 Posts
Pomom: I have been itching for another Pomeranian since I lost mine back in 2009... The timing just has never been right.... I thought I was going to get my Pom this year {after losing my Great Dane}, but we ended up getting my daughter's Rottweiler instead....

·
Registered
473 Posts
Wet Beards, haha. I see I'm not alone.
RedGermanPinscher, 9 years of thinking about it? Ugh! You need a popcorning floof!

I have decided that I will contact my breeder on Sybbie's 6th birthday which is the end of July and get on the wait list. Sybbie was 3 when I adopted her and I'm thinking of another adult from the same breeder which could take a while for someone to come available. Ideally I'd like them at least 4 years apart in age so depending on the age of her available dogs and when she is adopting them out in relation to Sybbie's age, I may end up turning someone down. Do you think that's wrong to contact a breeder and then pass on who's available?
P.S. I email this breeder periodically with updates on Sybbie and chats about her dogs so it is a somewhat friendly relationship, not total business.

·
Registered
1,500 Posts
We were going to wait at least a year after we lost Toby. After 3 months I was so pitiful that my wife agreed we could get another dog. I contacted our breeder and asked to be moved up from the 2017 litter to the 2016. So we ended up getting Mesa much sooner that we'd planned.

3001 - 3009 of 3009 Posts