Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

1 - 20 of 3009 Posts

·
Registered
7,842 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As the title says, share your future puppy plans or vent your puppy fever woes!

Well it looks like I might be getting a new puppy in a few months or so (mom is confirmed pregnant t now, so it will be nine weeks plus eight-nine more weeks after ... we will probably be back at the ranch by then anyway .... kind of getting nervous/excited, hope it works out!

·
Registered
3,008 Posts
I can't wait to hear more about the new puppy. You will have to post lots of pics.

I am still going back and forth on a puppy. There is a litter of puppies I want right now (obviously not the whole litter, just want one LOL). It just really isn't a good time. Realistically next spring or summer would be a better time. I should have more time for training a puppy then, Freyja will be 18months and Remus will be 2.5years. They should both be reasonably well trained. Hopefully Dove will be on her way to well trained too, classes start this week and I am trying to be optimistic, trying so hard. I want this next dog/puppy to be my service dog. That was something I was trying to do with Freyja but it is becoming more obvious that she isn't going to work. She is awesome and so great to train but she is just too outgoing with people and way too attached to hubby for it to really work. I am leaning towards a dobie, poodle or pit bull and possibly a young adult so I can really get a feel for the dog's temperament.

·
Registered
7,842 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
I know I will have cold feet moments as I always do, lol. You know the usual "am I ready?" "Can I do this?" What am I thinking?!" Wah I don't want my life to change!" You know ... the usual lol.

I mean I know I *can* do it, I just am made anxious by change ... any kind of change, even change I am responsible for lol.

And heck yeah there will be pics, more pics than you guys will know what to do with ha ha.

·
Registered
2,854 Posts
I'm ready for puppy number two anytime after April. I'll wait for the right one after that.. and I'm hoping to get another Aussie from the same breeder. I can't even wait and it's so far away!

OwnedByACDs - You can do it! It's just a bitey, peeing, crazy bundle of joy.. not a total life change or anything. :)

·
Registered
1,322 Posts
My DH and I are really caught up in puppy fever. We've always known that one day we would get a second corgi but now we are feeling pretty ready emotionally add another member to our family. Unfortunately, DH was layed off last month so the finances are tight and we would prefer to wait until we have a bigger house. It's so hard to wait though and we know Gally would enjoy having a younger dog to play with as well.

·
Super Moderator
7,273 Posts
As the title says, share your future puppy plans or vent your puppy fever woes!

Well it looks like I might be getting a new puppy in a few months or so (mom is confirmed pregnant t now, so it will be nine weeks plus eight-nine more weeks after ... we will probably be back at the ranch by then anyway .... kind of getting nervous/excited, hope it works out!
I didn't know you were getting another dog! What breed, and where is he/she coming from? So exciting!

·
Registered
4,087 Posts
Congrats :) I won't be getting my puppy for another 3 years or so sadly :( even though I would get it now if I could, I just don't have the space right now. It will be a rough collie puppy from Heatherfield collies :) super excited for the day it happens. I'm sure I'll feel those weird "am I ready?" things too

·
Registered
17,901 Posts
I have massive puppy fever right now. I am at *least* 2, probably 3 years out from another dog. I won't even start looking until summer after next, and it'll take as long as it takes for me to find the right dog. This plan may change slightly depending upon variables (STILL not sure what we're doing o Re: Frost) but it won't be soon.

BUT I WANNA PUPPY.

·
Registered
3,900 Posts
Who doesnt love puppies.... but, just finally getting all 3 of mine to walk nicely together, realistically no puppy til there's an "opening" (death which aint for another 5 years minimum I am guessing)... or I go wild and become a mountain woman and move to the wilderness....

·
Registered
371 Posts
Justin and I just had a long discussion the other day about a puppy. I was hoping since we are in the process of buying a house a new pup would be on the horizon, but he snapped me back to reality.

With a impending deployment a puppy isn't in the cards currently, but an adult dog will be. I totally understand. I don't want to get stuck caring for a puppy all by myself, nor would I want him to miss all the puppy milestones, but dang I was so excited about raising our first pupper.

So I'll just have to live vicariously through everyone else who gets to give in to their puppy fever for now lol.

Congrats on the good news Owned. I'm so excited for you.

·
Registered
7,262 Posts
Who doesn't love puppies? :D

I have the same questions as Kuma's mom. What breed? Is the breeder close to you? I'm not sure I knew you were even thinking about a puppy right now.

We just got our puppy, so I'll have my fill for a few months. It's not exactly what I expected. Not better, not worse; just different. :) I don't think our house is big enough for three dog, so it will be (I hope) many, many years before we have a puppy again.

·
Registered
7,842 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I didn't know you were getting another dog! What breed, and where is he/she coming from? So exciting!
Well we have been thinking about it for a while and the opportunity came around to we were like ... "yeah!" OH was like "so and so ' s dog is going to have puppies, want one? Since it's an oops litter, (female has a "silent" heat) he's adopting them out to good homes to ppm he knows for free. I just hope he told his aquaintence that yes, we want one lol cause he's bad about forgetting to mention it after we talk about it ha ha.

·
Registered
2,936 Posts
I don't have puppy fever because I am currently waiting for a puppy lol

·
Registered
4,470 Posts
I to have puppy fever, but I am at least a year or so out from getting one realistically. Jasper has come a long way in his rehabilitation with other dogs but we still have more to go. I am hoping to start fostering next spring or summer if everything goes as planned. More than likely it will be greyhounds again, and I cannot wait. And then maybe a pup in the fall (or next spring) sometime after that. :) I will not be getting anther permanent resident in my house unless I know Jasper and I both can handle it. And I know with this new job I will have plenty of time (and money) to devote to both of them separately and together. So if for some reason him and the pup don't mesh then I can play the "crate and rotate" game now. No 12-15 hour shifts anymore, no small vehicle, a fenced in yard, and two parts of a house I can safely gate off. I can't decide on a breed at the moment. I have been thinking Silken, Aussie, st. poodle, Doberman, or Schnauzer. All breeds I have lots of experience with (except the silken) and love for. :)

·
Registered
5,075 Posts
My plan is to get a standard poodle. I've already found my breeder, but won't be getting a pup for 1.5-2 years.

·
Registered
20,766 Posts
Yay, puppy! What breed/mix?

Moose is really showing his age lately :(. I'm not positive I want to have 3 dogs, so I may not get another dog until after another "opening", but maybe. Haven't decided yet. I doubt it would be a puppy though. But you never know what will come along :).

·
Registered
3,504 Posts
In about 4 years I'm going to hopefully start talking to ACD breeders but it may be a bit longer now. I'm going into elementary education as a major and I'm graduating HS this coming school year. I'm starting at a 2 year junior college then 2 years at university. Luckily both are 30-45 minutes from my house. My grandma has offered me to live with her during college until I can get stable....she knows and agrees with my plans. So realistically no puppy for about 5/6 years. But my mom is planning on getting a Great Dane pup soon so I will be okay :D

Sent from Petguide.com Free App

·
Registered
19,018 Posts
I'll be getting a dog or puppy sometime this next year. Possibly in just a few months but more likely winter. Pup or dog depends on a few things. Trying to avoid getting both but..... I have a feeling in the next couple years I'll end up with two new dogs. :/

1 - 20 of 3009 Posts