Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We know that when you get a dog, trying to find the best products can be overwhelming. :yield: And in that search to find products your puppy loves, you’ve probably come across some hits, and a few flops. Today, we want to find out what makes a pet product succeed or fail. Your answers will help shape what’s available on the market, so please be as detailed as possible. But remember, there are no wrong answers! :clap2:

1. What would you look for in a dog bed? (e.g. durability, washable, ultra-soft, sleek design)
2. Are there any features of a doggy jacket that would be must haves? (e.g. stylish fabric, an up-to-date design, pockets, a lining) And what aspects would turn you off? (e.g. color, outdated design, single layer, non-washable)
3. If you were to buy a new carrier for your dog, what features would you expect? (e.g. the ability to be enclosed, ergonomic design, very plush, versatility)
4. Are there aspects of a dog blanket that would make it a definite buy? (e.g. waterproofing, chic style, super fluffy, durability, easy maintenance) And what features could a dog blanket have or be missing that would stop you from buying it? (e.g. crazy patterns, not washable, too rough, not waterproof)
5. Funniest question :) Name either the worst features you’ve seen on a doggy basket, or those that would theoretically stop you from buying (e.g. too stiff, not versatile, missing appreciated function).
Thanks in advance from pet-loving company :wave:

·
Registered
627 Posts
1. Washable, lots of color choices, stylish.
2. Jacket must have; glitz, stylish, many color choices. Not liked; non-washable.
3. Soft side for airplane interior use, enclosed ability, zippered windows-open/close. On hard carriers definitely need a soft pad on the bottom, more choice on windows-maybe adjustable so they could be large or small, windows should also be able to be closed.
4. Washable definitely; durability, no-monogram or raised writing-dog chews on it.
5. A doggy basket--just the fact it's a basket--dogs like sticks and would chew on it all the time.

·
Registered
92 Posts
1. I look for washable first and comfort second I also prefer a fabric that will not make my dog too hot
2. I've never bought a dog jacket but anything I buy my dog must be washable and if I had a dog that gets cold easily I suppose I'd be looking for ease of removing and putting on and a cute pattern
3. most important for me is safety then easy to transfer from car to carrying inside and easy to clean
4. I wouldn't buy a blanket that is not washable or comfortable so if it feels itchy or too rough I wouldn't buy it
5. I would never buy dog baskets so cannot answer

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1 Posts
1. Timeless design, durability, washable
2. outdated design, too fluffy
3. Washability, design
4. design
5. no idea :)

·
Registered
2,444 Posts
I have one Boxer/Rottweiler and one Boxer/Mastiff.

1. A dog bed must be washable and durable (as chew-proof as possible). I personally look for ones that have edges rather than just flat since my dogs like to rest their head on the edges like a pillow.
2. A dog jacket must also be washable and also easy to get on/off. It has to be the style where it does up underneath the belly and around the neck (instead of having to slip over their head and feed their paws through) since my dogs have deep chests and that's the only style that will fit them. Speaking of size - most jackets are TOO SMALL! Even the large/extra large most of the time don't fit my dogs and they're not huge, just large (80lbs).
3. My dogs can't be carried so I wouldn't buy a carrier, but for crates I look for durability and I like the ones that have two doors.
4. For a dog blanket the most important would be the material. The short, stiff dog hairs really stick to some fabrics so I would look for one that doesn't do that. Also durability - how many washes can it take before falling apart.
5. I don't know what a "doggy basket" is - I'm guessing something for small dogs, but I don't know so I can't comment on this one.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts