Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
238 Posts
Woohoo! Fido goes one way Fifi goes the other, then they cross...DIY garrote. I love DIY!!

Or...if you simply must talk on the phone while walking your dogs, get an ear piece.

·
Registered
7,412 Posts
If I saw that woman coming, yammering on her cell phone and completely ignoring her pulling dogs on a double flexi, I would turn and walk away, fast. Who the hell thought that would be a good advertising strategy? Who thought that would be a good product?

·
Registered
7,226 Posts
Somebody who's done their research. We, the responsible dog owners that frequent this board, are in the extreme minority. At least by my observations.
Agreed. I believe the majority of dog owners out their are more concerned with convenience and cost rather than behavior and practicality.
The cruel irony is I think this product is going to sell very well.

EDIT: HOLY.... This thing is $59.99!

·
Registered
6,437 Posts
When I saw the title freedom leash, I thought it was some kind of hands free dog leash, but no it's another flexi. And yeah the picture isn't great advertising.

·
Registered
4,705 Posts
From the ads it looks like you have to talk on the phone to walk your two dogs. As if one dog on a flexi is not bad enough!

·
Registered
11 Posts
I've always held that retractible leashes of any kind just encourage poor leash manners. I know it's possible to use them responsibly (there is usually a 'stopper' button, after all), but I usually just see folks using it to let their dog pull as far as s/he wants.

·
Registered
849 Posts
Hate flexis. Jack has one, and when I use it with him, I just leave it locked at a normal length. I had his old one fully extended at a park with him one day, when it snapped and flung back and hit my boob. I was black and blue the next day, but it could have been an eye. A double flexi could take out both of your eyes, or boobs, or any body part I'd rather keep. No thanks.

·
Registered
1,556 Posts
Hate flexis. Jack has one, and when I use it with him, I just leave it locked at a normal length. I had his old one fully extended at a park with him one day, when it snapped and flung back and hit my boob. I was black and blue the next day, but it could have been an eye. A double flexi could take out both of your eyes, or boobs, or any body part I'd rather keep. No thanks.
:p

Uhm. horrible. and I agree... if I saw that broad coming, I'd say, are you fing serious, turn around and walk away. Train wreck waiting to happen.

I use to have the planet dog freedom leash and I actually liked it! It was small and light enough to attach to shorts for jogging. Both my dogs were taught to heel during runs, so it was never an issue. Though I don't know where it is anymore and definitely don't recommend flexis to most people.

·
Registered
2,927 Posts
For some reason I have a feeling the use of those leads is going to end up with someone getting a Darwin Award.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts