Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,719 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Last night I got home from work at a reasonable hour so I decided to make dinner, a nice pasta with sausage. I started cooking the onions and left the sausage on a cutting board on the counter for a minute while I went into the living room. (You can see where this is going...)

A couple of minutes later, I noticed that a certain dog was missing from the living room, and heard some suspicious noises from the kitchen. Sure enough, there was my sweet, well behaved puppy, who would NEVER EVER even DREAM of counter surfing, up on her hind legs finishing off the last delicious bite of what had been half a pound of raw pork sausage. I guess we all have our weaknesses.

As you can see, Biscuit felt very ashamed of her new life of crime:

Untitled by Hamandeggs23, on Flickr

·
Registered
13,075 Posts
Lol! ... been there with a nice big juicy beef roast ... How is the tummy today? Gassy? :) I hope Biscuit is alright.

·
Registered
1,719 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Haha, thanks! She seemed perfectly fine this morning, if a bit gassy and rather disgruntled about the half-size breakfast she got. I should add, last night's pork fest was in addition to Monday night's dinner of two hot dogs and a piece of string cheese (treats at obedience class). She's just lucky she's so cute!

·
Registered
38 Posts
Haha! Been there too with about a pound of salmon! My pup waited until it was perfectly cooked though, and I left the room for 3 seconds when the phone rang.

Glad she is feeling alright this morning. She looks pretty content! :p

·
Registered
1,719 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Aw, thanks! She's a great dog and it seems that the only side effects she suffered were a sense of self-satisfaction and some sausage breath. And of course, now that we know she'll counter-surf if the food is desirable enough, we'll have do some boundary training. Biscuit, stay out of the kitchen, you little thief.

·
Registered
174 Posts
She is a real cutie! I can definitely commiserate with you as far as counter surfing goes, Saint is the worst Chow Hound!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts