Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
554 Posts
Heh, when Sannabelle got spayed she didn't have to wear an e-collar. She didn't lick the stitches much, either, until the end.

·
Registered
192 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
she was licking the incision within 10 minutes of arriving home. i knew she would so i made sure i had one handy.

·
Registered
192 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
she was groomed yesterday so she's not too stinkin'. i'm not worried about odors because it's not around her tush.

·
Registered
6,195 Posts
I've been lucky that I have never ever had to use a cone on a dog who had been spayed or neutered. And I was even luckier in that the three critters I have now were already fixed...whoo hooo!

Poor puppy! And she should NOT be ashamed of having to wear one...you're gonna give her complex if you say it out loud! :D

·
Registered
192 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
i couldn't take looking at this sad face any longer.

so i went to the dollar store and bought her a baby outfit that snaps at the bottom. cut a hole for her tail and no more cone and i can unsnap it when she needs to go outside.

·
Registered
192 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
yeah, well. i don't feel like dealing with the mess when they are in heat and even though she is never outside off a leash or unattended there are 2 intact pitbulls living next door and the owner isn't the best for watching his dogs.

also, escapes can happen when we have company so i err on the side of caution.

she is much happier now since i put the baby suit on her. i'm not one for dressing my dog but this has kept her from licking the incision.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts