Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2,296 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I encountered my very first Newfoundland today - a Landseer. He sniffed my hand, I scratched his rump, and then he decided I made a great sofa.

I was in love.

Big dog owners, tell your favorite stories - and share pictures if you can. My 1 BR condo just isn't enough for these big guys, so I'm going to have to live vicariously through you for a while. I know there's a lot of downside to having a big guy roaming the house (for starters, I'm trying to imagine cleaning up after a particularly bad case of diarrhea...), but is there a better canine experiences than having a 150 lb. behemoth curling up on your lap? All of the big guys I've met are just the sweetest, gentlest dogs imaginable.

·
Registered
10,837 Posts
I'm living vicariously through others, but as sooooon. We're in talks with a Wolfhound breeder. I also want to adopt the Dane puppy that my rescue just got.

·
Registered
4,778 Posts
I LOVE big lap dogs lol. One of my favorite things is cuddling up with some big lover of a dog who lets you hug and cling and generally snuggle to death.

When I was younger some old friends of ours had this huge mix breed that love love LOVED attention. He'd do anything for it and once you started petting him or whatever, he was yours for the night. Anyway, I used to love sitting one the ground while giving him a good scratch. He'd then plop down in my lap and I'd wrap my arms around his big body and savor every moment.

And your right, generally the giant/large breeds are very easy going and gentle. Makes it all the more hard to walk away from them though, doesn't it? ;]

I don't have any big dogs of my own, but picture wise here are a few friendly faces I've encountered from time to time. Most of them are big crossbreeds that I meet through rescue work and these guys may all look medium sized but trust me they were BIG lol -

·
Registered
637 Posts
This is my 130lb Italian CorsoXNeo Mastiff Chessie.

she's so dangerous when she gets excited. whenever she goes outside, she does zoomies, where she takes off at full speed, and if you don't get out of her way, you'll have a massive bruise for a few weeks afterwards, she also sits of guests feet and won't let them leave until they pat her.
[/IMG]

she's only on the chain because there was workmen next door and she didn't like them...

1 - 6 of 6 Posts