Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
301 Posts
LMAO, my rottie used to love to play with the hose like that also! That is a hilarious picture. You should enter that into a contest!

·
Registered
487 Posts
That's awesome! What breed is the dog? Is that a Schipperke?

·
Registered
4,574 Posts
I laughed hard enough that I sprayed spit all over my computer screen. Thanks a lot!

·
Registered
540 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
That's awesome! What breed is the dog? Is that a Schipperke?
Haha, I've had Coal called many breeds but never a Schipperke before :p He's a Labrador + Border Collie. Which means he's got the water loving trait of the Lab and the obsessive trait of the BC, hense; water from the hose = hours of entertainment lol

Glad you all enjoyed it. I set it as the background on the computer at work and so now when I need a pick me up at work I look at that and laugh hehe

·
Registered
6,474 Posts
great pictures!! i LOVE the first one and third one from the new pictures you added, but they are all great!

i can't wait to play with iorek with the hose like that, although, he doesn't really like the water from the hand held shower...

·
Registered
2,377 Posts
Oh, Perfect timing with the camera on that first one!
Great pictures, I LOVE seeing dogs having such a FUN time!

·
Registered
5,284 Posts
So funny :D He reminds me of my Marge, except for the fact that she wouldn't be that happy to get so wet. I WISH she liked water!

·
Registered
4,355 Posts
Haha, I've had Coal called many breeds but never a Schipperke before :p He's a Labrador + Border Collie. Which means he's got the water loving trait of the Lab and the obsessive trait of the BC, hense; water from the hose = hours of entertainment lol
hey, don't think for a min that he gets that water loving trait from just the Lab...my BC's (and most of the ones i know) would give any Lab a run for their dog biscuits w/ water any day....the 3 i have now aren't that obsessed w/ the hose but don't dare get them near a body of water if you don't want them wet.....and my old boy, Tipper, was just like Coal when it came to the hose (to the point that for the next 4-5 hrs he was having to pee about every 15-20 min, he'd ingest so much water :D

and obsessed?...i've seen more obsessed Labs than i have BC's:rolleyes: (these were dogs that would rip your arm off (not viciously), grab the chuck-it, and even rip coat pockets (yeah, that happened to me once when a Lab, not w/ me, smelled my extra tennis ball in my coat pocket at the dog park) all in the name of a tennis ball....(haven't yet had a Border do that)

so, i guess he gets the best from both, huh? :D

·
Registered
487 Posts

Glad you all enjoyed it. I set it as the background on the computer at work and so now when I need a pick me up at work I look at that and laugh hehe
Oh--I couldn't really tell the size of the dog from the 1st picture. My neighbor has two Schipperkes. They're NOT one of my favorite breeds by any means, although I may be judging from too small a sample.

·
Registered
540 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
hey, don't think for a min that he gets that water loving trait from just the Lab...my BC's (and most of the ones i know) would give any Lab a run for their dog biscuits w/ water any day....the 3 i have now aren't that obsessed w/ the hose but don't dare get them near a body of water if you don't want them wet.....and my old boy, Tipper, was just like Coal when it came to the hose (to the point that for the next 4-5 hrs he was having to pee about every 15-20 min, he'd ingest so much water :D

and obsessed?...i've seen more obsessed Labs than i have BC's:rolleyes: (these were dogs that would rip your arm off (not viciously), grab the chuck-it, and even rip coat pockets (yeah, that happened to me once when a Lab, not w/ me, smelled my extra tennis ball in my coat pocket at the dog park) all in the name of a tennis ball....(haven't yet had a Border do that)

so, i guess he gets the best from both, huh? :D
Haha, you're right. I've seen each trait in either breed, but for the majority I've seen more obsessive BC's (stand and stare and wait for hours until you throw that damn frisbee! lol) and have yet to meet a Lab who didn't like water :p Either way, he comes by it honestly lol

Coal is very obsessive over anything he does. Be it fetch, playing with the hose, agility etc. He also LOOOVES water so much that when I take him to the lake I have to pretend like I'm walking home without him just to get him to get out of the water! haha

·
Registered
4,355 Posts
Haha, you're right. I've seen each trait in either breed, but for the majority I've seen more obsessive BC's (stand and stare and wait for hours until you throw that damn frisbee! lol) and have yet to meet a Lab who didn't like water Either way, he comes by it honestly lol
you mean like this?...

:Dthat's not obsessive, that's mind control....they know that if they stare at it long enuff it will move....:D:rolleyes:

i actually met a man one time when mine were swimming in Lake Michigan that asked me if i thought my crew could teach his Lab/Goldie to swim...he would not go in the water for nothing and as a wave came up and touched a paw you'd think it had been fire....i wonder what had happened to the poor dog to make him so deathly afraid of water...the guy said they had to tranq him to give him a bath...the only water he liked was from his water dish that was only able to hold about 2 c of water....

·
Registered
540 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Ha ha, YES! EXACTLY like that! I once had Coal stare at me like that while I was eating and I caught myself JUST about to give him my food, snapped to and was like "Whoa! What the heck am I doing?" so yes, I really do believe it IS mind control haha

That's sad about that dog not liking water! When Coal was just a puppy he didn't want to go in more than just wading, but my cousin's dog would swim just fine. Took them down together and Jazzy gave him the courage to go in and now we can't ever get him out lol

·
Registered
4,277 Posts
Oh, I dunno.....I'm pretty partial to this one...

Have to say I love the new water photo as much as I love the snowball photo. I love his eyes in both pics -- such absolute focus and determination! Thanks for sharing another great one. Reminds me how much Poca loves to bite water. Will have to get the kiddie pool out this weekend and play a little "get the water" with her.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts