Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

1 - 20 of 65 Posts

·
Registered
17,917 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was going to go to a breeder late this/early next year to get a dog - or put on a waiting list for one. My ideal was an adult dog, or older puppy. I should have known better. I really should have.

Then my husband went to work (food service management) to open and found this

in his dumpster. :doh:

I have never seen such a tiny, or flea bitten, puppy.

Vet tomorrow, of course.

·
Registered
17,917 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Couple of more pictures:

Tiny, tiny pup, though I realize there's no real scale. Well, tiny to me, anyway.

·
Registered
3,504 Posts
People make me so angry!!!! really cute pup though!! Hope he get s clean bill of health tomorrow.

·
Registered
17,917 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
People make me so angry!!!! really cute pup though!! Hope he get s clean bill of health tomorrow.
People tick me off, too. I just - WHO DOES THIS? She's a precious baby, and I'm hoping for a clean bill of health tomorrow, too.

·
Registered
147 Posts
The people are inhumane, the pup, however, is adorable!!! You are so lucky to have found this little pup... holding thumbs that the vet bill is lemony fresh.

·
Registered
17,917 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Aww, what a face! Are you going to keep him?
I'd love to say no, if only because I feel like impulse puppies are bad- but the truth is the time is just about right (3 people home old enough for potty trips instead of 1), and since we were saving for a responsibly bred pup, we have a vet savings account and wanted a second dog, anyway (just not yet). So. Probably. Sometimes fate wins, I guess. This is very likely one of those times.

...My attempts to avoid saying 'HECK YES' are amusing even ME, here.

·
Registered
13,075 Posts
People make me irate at times!!! Good for your Hubby for rescuing and bringing the poor little pup home! I hope for a clean bill of health also.

I also hope you keep the pup! :) Sometimes .... they just find us! ....That is my attempt to find some sort of a positive note on the obvious terrible deed someone did!!!

That pup is precious!!!

·
Registered
4,248 Posts
So glad you found her! She's really cute. Are you planning on keeping her or rehoming her when she's old enough? I'm not an expert in any way but she looks younger than 8 weeks to me.

EDIT: Whoops, had a couple threads open at once and got to this one after you'd already answered. Yay, new puppy! :)

·
Registered
17,917 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
So glad you found her! She's really cute. Are you planning on keeping her or rehoming her when she's old enough? I'm not an expert in any way but she looks younger than 8 weeks to me.
I think we're probably going to keep her. And yeah. That pup is in no way 8 weeks old. She's still got a heck of a waddle going on. Just something about the way she walks. She *is* eating well, but - Well, we'll see what the vet says tomorrow about her age and health.

·
Registered
6,437 Posts
Aw she is so cute. If I had to guess I would say she is probably around 4 or 5 weeks old. Somebody probably had a litter and tossed this pup because they could not sell it.

So glad you took her in. I also hope she has a clean bill of health.

·
Registered
591 Posts
THANKGOD you found her !!! Happy fathers day to your hubby !! keep us posted on how she is doing and I will keep her in my prayers

·
Registered
411 Posts
Bless you for taking this little girl in. She's probably about the same age as the two pittie puppies currently residing at my house. We are keeping one and the other is going to rescue in a few weeks. We hadn't planned on another dog right now either, but like you said, sometimes things just seem like they're meant to be.

·
Registered
4,355 Posts
Couple of more pictures:

Tiny, tiny pup, though I realize there's no real scale. Well, tiny to me, anyway.
on the BC site i go on we've been doing a Coke can comparison....you could always do that and do it like every couple wks for updates :)......such a sweet little thing.....boy or girl?

and also hoping for a clean bill of health.....the people should be thrown in a dumpster (after being bound, of course, since they are capable of getting out, otherwise.....)

·
Registered
17,917 Posts
Discussion Starter #17 (Edited)
on the BC site i go on we've been doing a Coke can comparison....you could always do that and do it like every couple wks for updates :)......such a sweet little thing.....boy or girl?
Coke can sounds like a really, really good idea. I'll pick one up tomorrow while we're at the vet.

And pup's a she. Working on names. Probably letting the hubby have his way since it's father's day ;-)

Bless you for taking this little girl in. She's probably about the same age as the two pittie puppies currently residing at my house. We are keeping one and the other is going to rescue in a few weeks. We hadn't planned on another dog right now either, but like you said, sometimes things just seem like they're meant to be.
I remember your thread! You are doing an awesome thing for those pups and I'm kind of glad there's another one 'around' whose probably around this girl's age. I don't know why, exactly, but it makes me happy and it's neat. Puppy Support Group, maybe.

·
Registered
5,406 Posts
There are some people in this world that baffle me with their very existence. If I could even bring myself to do something like this, I wouldn't be able to live with myself afterwards. How can anyone do things like this. :\

I suppose your family was meant to find her, and good thing for her you did.

·
Registered
17,917 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
There are some people in this world that baffle me with their very existence. If I could even bring myself to do something like this, I wouldn't be able to live with myself afterwards. How can anyone do things like this. :\

I suppose your family was meant to find her, and good thing for her you did.
I would never be able to live with myself, either. How you can walk away from a tiny puppy, knowing that it's going to DIE in the GARBAGE. Euthanizing her would have been better. Hell, ANYTHING would have been better. I... beyond words.

But yes. Lucky for her, and us, someone was there on Sunday morning, and paying enough attention to notice her before the dumpsters got taken off.

·
Registered
291 Posts
Looking at the eye colouring I would say she's less than 5 weeks old. My guess is she was probably stolen from someones litter and then dumped because boyfriend/girlfriend freaked out.

I would call her Dusty (dust bin). Well you couldn't call her Dump could you?

1 - 20 of 65 Posts