Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
While i am at it, i wanted to include my neigbors Wolf/Dog hybrid, i wanted that animal soooooo bad, it was one of the smartest dogs i had ever seen, it was beutiful too, i believe it was at least 75% Arctic wolf and 25% White Sheppard.

 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,290 Posts
Hehe, cute dogs... Not to rain on your parade, but that dog is probably not 75% Wolf... There's a lot of threads on here about the same thing, and a lot people here are excepts and can explain why... ; ) But that's not to pop your bubble, I promise. lol! Who knows, maybe it is 75% Wolf, that would be impressive...

It's a gorgeous dog either way! Why didn't you get it?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hehe, cute dogs... Not to rain on your parade, but that dog is probably not 75% Wolf... There's a lot of threads on here about the same thing, and a lot people here are excepts and can explain why... ; ) But that's not to pop your bubble, I promise. lol! Who knows, maybe it is 75% Wolf, that would be impressive...

It's a gorgeous dog either way! Why didn't you get it?
I'm just going on what my neighbor had told me about "Wolfie" that was the first wolf/dog i had encountered, If i had the right type of set up for a wolfdog i would have made sure that i got that animal from them, it WAS practically mine for about 8 months when i moved into my duplex, my neighbor and i share a fenced backyard and that's where Wolfie was 95% of the time, the other 5% of the time when he got out of the yard was only when she jumped the fence that was far to low for a hybrid.

The more i read up on that kind of animal the more i knew that his owners had no idea what they were doing and had never done any research before buying him, the only attention that animal got came from my sister when she lived here before i took over the place and from me. His diet was bland, he was never walked and never got much mental stimulation (wolfdogs require much more mental stimulation than a regular dog). Then to top it all off, after they caught him jumping the fence into the other neighbors yard they decided that the best way to break him of that habit was to chain him to the tree at all times (that is something that is very very very bad to do with a wolfdog). After they chained him to the tree i made the backyard off limits to all people and kept my distance myself other than to feed him when the neighbors would not be there to do it.

Long story short, a few days after they moved out of the duplex, Wolfie got away from them and as far as i know has not been seen since, it's a shame because he was an awesome animal that had a ton of potential had he gotten the right kind of home.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,290 Posts
I'm just going on what my neighbor had told me about "Wolfie" that was the first wolf/dog i had encountered, If i had the right type of set up for a wolfdog i would have made sure that i got that animal from them, it WAS practically mine for about 8 months when i moved into my duplex, my neighbor and i share a fenced backyard and that's where Wolfie was 95% of the time, the other 5% of the time when he got out of the yard was only when she jumped the fence that was far to low for a hybrid.

The more i read up on that kind of animal the more i knew that his owners had no idea what they were doing and had never done any research before buying him, the only attention that animal got came from my sister when she lived here before i took over the place and from me. His diet was bland, he was never walked and never got much mental stimulation (wolfdogs require much more mental stimulation than a regular dog). Then to top it all off, after they caught him jumping the fence into the other neighbors yard they decided that the best way to break him of that habit was to chain him to the tree at all times (that is something that is very very very bad to do with a wolfdog). After they chained him to the tree i made the backyard off limits to all people and kept my distance myself other than to feed him when the neighbors would not be there to do it.

Long story short, a few days after they moved out of the duplex, Wolfie got away from them and as far as i know has not been seen since, it's a shame because he was an awesome animal that had a ton of potential had he gotten the right kind of home.
That is such a shame! : ( I'm sorry to hear that... I would be devastated if my dog ever got loose and never returned... The chances are someone found him and kept him! ; ) I mean, a pretty dog like that wouldn't go hungry long in the right town...

Chaining any dog up and just leaving it is bad for any breed, hybrid or not; And I can see why it'd be worse for an hybrid of sorts... Any dog, wolf or not, would go crazy with boredom and loneliness... Hopefully now he's living a happy and long life. : )
 
1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Top