Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
498 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yesterday I found an ad on the local sales website (similar to craigslist), under the pet section. It had been deleted when I went back to copy it to here because of so many people flagging it but this is basically it:

BYB said:
I have a full-blood bassett hound that I want to get pregnant. If you have or know someone with a pure un-neutered male bassett then lets get together and do this. Hurry, she's in heat now! We can work out a deal with payment or splitting the litter.
That is worded better than the original, but you get the idea. First I flagged the ad. Then I decided to send them an email, asking some questions to see how serious they were. I know nothing about breeding, but I managed to make it sound like I was considering allowing her to breed from my (imaginary) pureblood bassett hound.

My email:
me said:
Hi,

What health tests have been done on your Bassett? How old is she? What is your aim in breeding her? Is she AKC registered? What contract will you be having buyers of the puppies sign?

You will need to provide at least this information before any responsible owner of a Stud dog, including me, would consider you.

Thanks.
I assumed I wouldn't hear anything back from it, but I woke up this morning to this reply:

BYB said:
i havent really done any tests on her and shes about one, i want her to have babies. she looks about as pure as can be. we can work out some type of deal for puppies or pay. alls i want is to get her knocked up. cant we make a deal and not make this more than it is?
What can I possibly say to that?

·
Registered
3,846 Posts
Find the nearest wall and bang your head on it. What trash. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
1,467 Posts
Is it honestly worth your time? Does it really matter?

Just ignore it and move on. I never waste my time anymore. I do what I feel is best and leave others to whatever they want to do.

·
Registered
498 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Is it honestly worth your time? Does it really matter?
It was worth the time up until they replied... I've been to the shelters here and if me saying that no decent stud would go near them had had any effect on their thoughts on breeding then it would have been worth it to potentially keep puppies out of those shelters.

Find the nearest wall and bang your head on it
Agreed.

·
Registered
10,837 Posts
I'll mail those people from time to time, too. I figure, I'm online anyway, they posted it online for any one to read, why wouldn't they expect some criticism? I type really fast, too, so it only takes a moment of my time ;)

·
Registered
2,451 Posts
Hey if they're willing to play along why not toy with them a bit, what have to got to lose besides a bit of entertainment. I figure it's like replying to the scamers who are silly enough to not take a hint. Who knows maybe you'll persuade her to think twice about "knocking up" her bitch. I would however recomend creating a ew email address so you don't end up with a bunch of junk mail in your regular e-mail ;)

·
Registered
9,131 Posts
you could e-mail her back telling her you'll consider it. but you would want her to get her bitch health checked so that "you" don't get sued when/if the bitch dies from probably complacations.

I know there is no truth in the "sueing" part but they are probably too dumb to know that.

·
Super Moderator
11,838 Posts
It took me a very long time, but I've learned you can't fix everything.

·
Registered
9,131 Posts
HAHA Erick!

I can see it now Borrow someones Neutered male basset (first tell this stupid person that his testies just never droped but he's still able to breed) then have him hump the bitch on command and then after a few hump tell the person that they are done breeding and that she shuld expect puppies in 9 months XD!

(mind you I KNOW non of that info is correct, but the basset bitch owner is probably too ignorant to know)

·
Registered
750 Posts
Oh! actually there is another way to neuter dogs, in which the scrotum remains intact... it's brilliant and it's how i got Apollo done (it was kinda expensive)

They make a cut at the base of the penis, insert a guide then cut the seminal conducts and extract the testicles from the base of the penis, of course, Apollo was intubated instead because it was a much more complex operation (in favor of estetics) and much more cleaner than a normal neuter, less risk of infection, and basically just superior to a normal neutering.

100 bucks total... pension, medicines, sutures, anesthesya (got that right?) and removal of stitches.

So i got a dog uncapable to breed, that still has balls:D

·
Registered
20,765 Posts
Oh! actually there is another way to neuter dogs, in which the scrotum remains intact... it's brilliant and it's how i got Apollo done (it was kinda expensive)

They make a cut at the base of the penis, insert a guide then cut the seminal conducts and extract the testicles from the base of the penis, of course, Apollo was intubated instead because it was a much more complex operation (in favor of estetics) and much more cleaner than a normal neuter, less risk of infection, and basically just superior to a normal neutering.

100 bucks total... pension, medicines, sutures, anesthesya (got that right?) and removal of stitches.

So i got a dog uncapable to breed, that still has balls:D
If they "extracted the testicles", he no longer has balls. And all neuters are done that way, as far as I know :confused: . At least that's how Toby's and Moose's neuters were done, and I didn't ask for anything special. Are you sure he wasn't given a vasectomy instead?

1 - 14 of 14 Posts