Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
9,131 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
As requested by a few people. Here are some updated pictures of my baby boy, Hawkeye.

He is now a year and two months old.

Here we are practicing our Tracking training

Playing ball

·
Registered
22 Posts
He is such a beautiful boy!!! I've always admired Aussies, but I will never have one - I know I could never keep up with them! The other two dogs in your signature are gorgeous as well.

·
Registered
566 Posts
I agree with Stell, he is just beautiful!! I took care of my sister's 16 week old Aussie pup, for 5 days!! I was exhausted!!

And I thought my 15 week old Cavalier/Bichon mix had energy! My pup kept running to her pen so she could get away to take a nap!!

·
Registered
9,131 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
He's such a pretty boy. Q: Is he tall for an Aussie?
Nope he's very average at 21.5 inches. The aussie standard has no set height requirements. It has suggested height but any size aussie can show in the breed ring. The standard states that size should be of least importance in this breed.

·
Registered
9,131 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
He is such a beautiful boy!!! I've always admired Aussies, but I will never have one - I know I could never keep up with them! The other two dogs in your signature are gorgeous as well.
Thank you.

lol I can't seem to get enough of them, I'm already ready for a new puppy if I could.

and thank you again I will tell Jack you said he was gorgeous :D

What a beautiful dog!!
Thank you,

he has his faults but they are surpassed by his good parts

·
Registered
714 Posts
gosh is he a gorgeous or well handsome fella!
his minimal merleing just makes him all more unique, your a lucky duck to have such a great looking boy...your other 2 are gorgeous as well!

·
Registered
12,574 Posts
He is a very handsome and talented boy. :)

·
Registered
6,195 Posts
Thank goodness you live so far away and that I know my limitations for such a handful, or he might just disappear from your yard! JK...:eek: Thanks for showing us your handsome fella!

BTW...how does he do with cats...?

·
Registered
9,131 Posts
Discussion Starter #15 (Edited)
Thank goodness you live so far away and that I know my limitations for such a handful, or he might just disappear from your yard! JK...:eek: Thanks for showing us your handsome fella!

BTW...how does he do with cats...?
I would know it was you since he is never in the yard alone lol!

Cats.

If the cat is playful, Hawkeye will gently bite it's head slap it with his paws and roll it over.

If the cat hisses at him, he will keep his distance.

Him and our cat Butch, love to play wrestle and bite each other.

·
Registered
9,131 Posts
Discussion Starter #17 (Edited)
gosh is he a gorgeous or well handsome fella!
his minimal merleing just makes him all more unique, your a lucky duck to have such a great looking boy...your other 2 are gorgeous as well!
your one of the few people who has known the term "Minimal merle" many people call him "heavily merled" apparently they think the merleing is the black parts when it's actually the grey. good job!

Then he would get along fine at my house...mainly 'cuz Mort thinks he's a dog anyway! I promise you don't have to worry about me...at least not for now. :D
Hey if you really wana pay his show fees go ahead, oh and his OFA hips, and MDR1 testing, and while your at it you can get his eyes CERF too. Then after all that I would like him back.

·
Registered
4,277 Posts
Nope he's very average at 21.5 inches. The aussie standard has no set height requirements. It has suggested height but any size aussie can show in the breed ring. The standard states that size should be of least importance in this breed.
Thanks for the info. I think the Aussies I remember seeing in person must have actually been a little on the smaller side, not that I've seen tons. I have to admit, I'm a little biased towards larger dogs, so he seems just about perfect to me!

1 - 20 of 21 Posts