Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Bear was a Pomeranian, Chihuahua Cross. I owned him for a matter of 3-4 months, I lost him on Sunday the 11th of December. A car accident.

My Poor little buddy fought through the accident to see us one more time. I ran up to where he'd been hit. He was whimpering and looking at me, but once I picked him up and held him in my arms; he stopped. He stayed alive long enough for me To burst into tears and crumble at the knees. I cant get the sound of him out of my head, the way he begged while taking his last breaths. I held him for another half hour after he passed crying violently. I have barely stopped crying since then and haven't been able to to eat a thing. He used to sleep with me every night, and wait for me to to make up of a morning so I would let him out into the yard. He'd run around for 10 minutes then come back in and play with me. He was the most amazing dog I've ever owned. Whenever I left he would sit at my window and see me off, then when I returned home he would either sit on the couch and watch me come in; or he would rush to me once i opened the door and try and play straight away. I always took advantage of his playful moods, and never hurt or punished him. He was always there. I even began working from home to spend more time with him and to train him around the house.

I really loved him, so did my significant other. And I hope that he loved us too, he would always try and lay or sit with us where ever we were and loved a good belly scratch... Whenever I gave him a bath he would rush out of the bathroom, up the hallway and into my room, trying to find the first thing to rub up against to dry off. I was very protective of my little guy, and wish there was something I could have done, I feel like I failed him, because he was so happy all the time, but the end was full of fear and pain. I have sat at his grave several times a day talking to him, hoping that he can hear me tell him I love him. And how much of a good dog he was.

My significant other is the only thing getting me through this, and she's the only one who makes me feel better. I just hope everyone realizes just how dangerous cars can be, and too slow down in populated streets. Because anything can happen. And it might be someones best friend.

·
Registered
94 Posts
I'm so sorry for your loss.

He was loved, and is now being mourned; I think he knew how much you cared for him. So many dogs do not know love in life, and have no one to remember them when they are gone.

Tears heal, and the pain of unexpectantly losing a beloved pet can be devastating. Take your time working through this; I lost a dog to a car a year and a half ago, and although I have other little dogs that I adore, I still mourn the one I lost.

Eventually, though, you'll look at his pictures and smile, remembering how much joy he had in his life, and how much joy he brought into yours.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts