Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
948 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
See the proper technique to enable a small trainer to accomplish an unassisted alpha roll on a large dog, demonstrated by an experienced professional. Please do not try this at home.

I am sorry about the poor quality of the photography, I really should replace this phone.

Step one, the take down

what is not clear from this picture is that the subject was already on the ground at the beginning of the procedure.

Step two, put the subject on his side

Step three, hold him there...

Until step four, you have total calm submission

The professional trainer pictured here is Scout, who has been alpha rolling for nearly 5 years (8 months in human years). Scout is approx. one-fifth the weight of the subject dog, Tucker.

·
Registered
2,249 Posts
Charlotte has only tried to "alpha roll" a dog once, and that was with my mother in-laws Pomeranian who is VERY submissive and nervous to begin with. We'll probably never know why the reason for this was, as this was actually one of the few dogs that Charlotte actually liked and respected.

·
Registered
948 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I should have mentioned in the original post, Scout and Tucker are great friends and engage in this game frequently, ever since Tucker joined the family. Here they are about 2 hours after their first meeting:

·
Registered
13,074 Posts
Too cute! Lol! :) .... " Abbylynn and Leeo must have taken lessons from your two! " Lol! :)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts