Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
246 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I remember it being really funny when I was a kid and my dog would get fooled by a doorbell on TV. Wembley just picked up this habit today....and it happened at least 3 times today. The first time, it was a doorbell on a radio ad in the car :doh: It's not as funny that I'm a boring old grownup. :p

Also, he's like a kid when I'm on the phone or talking to an other person. The second I'm occupied with a conversation, he HAS to have my attention RIGHT NOW. He's come up and start barking at me as soon as I'm on the phone. Does anyone else have a dog that does that? It's bad enough with my 7yo son....I never thought Wembley would do that :p

·
Registered
2,519 Posts
Yep, my dogs get fooled by door bells on tv all the time. :p And as soon as I'm on the phone, they MUST be where ever I am, and it suddenly seems like such a great idea to loudly play fight next to me. :-s

·
Registered
1,198 Posts
Yes, Aidan does that. And we don't have a doorbell! He'll whack me with a toy or start getting into things if I'm on the phone too long.

·
Registered
10,186 Posts
Doorbells were the only thing on TV that Muggsy responded to. Kabota will actually watch TV if there are dogs on the screen, but he has no reaction to doorbells in real life or on TV.

·
Registered
13,075 Posts
Mine get into stuff and start acting up doing things they shouldn't when I am on the phone ... just like kids.

Doorbells do not phase them as it is hardly ever used here. But car horns are a different story and warrant a full out attack mode! Lol! :)

My childhood dog which I was thinking about here lately ... would come when our budgie would whistle for him ... or whistling on the television ... and sit waiting on a command ... eventually he would get tired of waiting and walk away or when it came to the bird ... he would just eat the seeds that had fallen on the floor.

·
Registered
254 Posts
I haven't noticed if Mercy responds to doorbells on TV. Not sure if we've just been lucky enough not to encounter any, or if she just doesn't care.

Dogs on TV are a whole other matter! She'll bark like crazy and the look behind the TV to see where they're hiding. I still haven't been able to watch the Puppy Bowl or the season finale of Pitbulls and Parolees. They're still on the DVR, just waiting for an afternoon when I'm up to using them as a training tool.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts