Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3,804 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been sick the last few days and today I decided to exercise all 3 of the dogs at once. Lloyd and Allie are both pretty well trained . . . Nash not so much yet. I took them all to the park, with a long line and 2 short so they could alternate who go the long line. Seemed like a good idea . . .

From now on I will bringing only 1 or 2 of them at a time! At least until Nash is better trained. Handling 3 very excited dogs is kinda difficult sometimes, lol. Leashes were getting tangled, who ever was on the long line always wanted the other two to come play with them. The two on the short leashes wanted to go play and swim so they were whining. When Nash was on a short line he wouldn't sit for more than 2 seconds and kept fixating on who ever was on the long line. I've walked all 3 at the same time with no problems, but going to the park is way to exciting for them, lol.

At least they are all tired now and I can rest.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Sounds like it would have been a busy time for you.

Have you ever tried to bike with them? I got a k9 bike jogger to excercise them for when I am too tired for other things and they still need their exercise. I had no idea they would love it so much. I have three dogs a chi, mutt #1 (with pug and rat terrier), and mutt #2 (some type of lab X). All three of they get so excited when they see me pull out the bike jogger. It's great because it allows them to run so you are not using up the same amount of energy. The two mutts can go 7-10 kms a time. The chi just walks beside the bike sometiems jogs and we just go down the street and back. I go the speed they go. I live in a very small town so it is easy just to watch the dog and not where you are going. Some days after work or being sick you just don't want to go for a really long walk. I take them down to the lake and beach and still go for walks too but it helps on those hard to convince yourself to get out there days. :)

·
Registered
14 Posts
I can only imagine :)

I do feel sorry for you though as my girlfriend cannot cope with just two of ours on her own. They both seem to be endlessly wanting to run in different directions all of the time as soon as there are any distractions!

Tom

·
Registered
535 Posts
I tried walking all five of mine at the same time, because I had to go some place and they still haden't been for a walk so I hitched them all up. Bad idea! When you walk Frodo he ALWAYS tries to get out of his collar, which is probably why when I just got out the door and went down our 4th of a mile path, half way through, "Where's Frodo!?" Then, of course Charlie got concearned while we where looking for him, she started whining. We finally found him swimming in the river and there where NO trees around to tie my little dogs to, so the four of them that didn't like to swim had to take a swim with me so I could get Frodo. Then I had a bunch of dirty muddy dogs, and a dirty muddy me. On our way home a stray ran by and got all my dogs barking. I finally caught that stray three days from then than found her a new home. She was pregnant. *Sigh*. On the way back Samantha managed to chew her leash in half while I tied them to a tree, getting my house key out. That was Samantha's trick of the day Chewing. I realized she had also chewed a hole in her dog bed and wripped out the stuffing. Well that's dogs, that's what makes life so exciting!!! aha ah aha ha!

·
Registered
3,804 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I bike with my dogs every day. Lloyd and Nash have easily done 12 miles, Allie doesn't so as much because she is a bit older. Usually we stick to around 5 miles a day, we do the long hike when we go to my parents.

Everyone else's stories make me feel a bit better, haha.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts