Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
So... Panda is apparently just TERRIFIED of Rambo's whining and barking. She is sitting here shaking her bum off in my lap and when he barks at her while we're outside, she outright TAKES OFF! I ripped open my knee jumping over the weeds near the street to get to her. I'd like to point out here that I am not worrying about it and making her nervous. I'm just calmly petting her as I write this. She's normally able to just get up and leave the room when he starts up, but my door is closed at the moment, so she came over to get in my lap.

Why is that? I have noticed him doing some "rubs" on her like he's trying to dominate her.

I thought that maybe his barking hurts her ears, which is definitely a possibility, but even when he does low whimpers she takes off running.

Before, dogs would bark at her and she'd bark back or be completely unfazed. I know she doesn't like him, but... what's going on?

·
Registered
20 Posts
Hi,

Sorry to hear you're having trouble! Is Panda used to living with other dogs? Sometimes even the most confident dogs can become scared by having another dog in their territory, especially if Rambo's the dominant type.

I had a problem with my boyfriends collie cross girl, who despite being very confident and happy outside her house, threw a major sulky, aggresive fit when I took my two girls in after a walk, even though one of my girls is as confident as the day is long, the collie's glaring totally wiped her confidence and she was terrified!

Hopefully you'll find a way to get these two used to each other :) , best of luck! Clare

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hey, thanks. :) She isn't used to living with other dogs, so that's got to be the problem.

I'm hoping once Rambo is neutered he'll calm down and stop harassing her so much. Most of the people say that their dogs have gotten a lot more cuddly afterwards... I can only hope the same to be true for Rambo, for both mine and Panda's sake!

·
Registered
20 Posts
Hi,

Hopefully the neutering will help! My little Springer could be quite stand off-ish before I got her spayed, but she became a lot more open with people, now you have to fend her off when she wants attention! :)

I guess Panda might just take a little time to realize that Rambo's not there to steal your attention, she sounds like a little sweetie!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts