Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
392 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am going to be doing grooming competitions in the future and am in need of a couple more dogs. I've already decided on an English Springer Spaniel for my sporting trim, I have a mini poodle for the poodles, and now I just need to decide on a terrier. Most terriers are stripped, whereas kerries are not, and I'm a scissoring groomer, that's one of my strong points. :) I'm already going to have to strip\card my spaniel, and I find them easier to groom anyways. Not that I dislike a challenge. I'm just trying to be practical. ;)

Obviously, I can't consider just the coat type\care. That's where you guys come in. :D I need y'all to give me an idea of what they are like: energy level, training needs, compatability with other dogs, (they are terriers, after all. :) ) etc. Do they bark a lot? Are they stubborn? Prey drive?

Of course, I'm still going to continue my research in my quest for a terrier that will fit me. :) I just thought y'all might be able to give me some insight. TIA!

·
Banned
91 Posts
I love KBT's.

If you have grooming concerns then you should watch this http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uw4Pv6-gdvI

They have a *virtually* non-shedding coat and smell great. Since their skin produces almost no dander they really don't even have the "wet dog smell" when they get wet. They are fairly active, smart and easily trainable (if you know what you're doing).

I'm sure some of the other members will be able to assist you further, I only had a minute now, good luck.

·
Registered
392 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I love KBT's.

If you have grooming concerns then you should watch this http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uw4Pv6-gdvI

They have a *virtually* non-shedding coat and smell great. Since their skin produces almost no dander they really don't even have the "wet dog smell" when they get wet. They are fairly active, smart and easily trainable (if you know what you're doing).

I'm sure some of the other members will be able to assist you further, I only had a minute now, good luck.
Thanks for your info and the link! Much appreciated. :)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts