Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How can I help relieve my puppy's frustration?

I know it must be uncomfortable and even hurt. I want to do something to make her feel better. But I cannot find anything that will work.

She has rope toys, kongs, chewy teething toys, sticks, a block of wood. Nothing seems to be doing the trick. She chews a little and then seems to get frustrated and move on to something else (like the couch). I tried giving her some ice. She plays with it, but then gets bored.

Any ideas on what might help her feel better?

·
Registered
301 Posts
Just lots of chew toys! Get her a kong and put peanut butter in it, or yogurt etc. That will keep her busy

·
Registered
2,519 Posts
Zoey liked to have Ice cubes and Pumpkin Ice cubes (just canned pumpkin, frozen into an ice cube tray) to snack on while she was teething. They still enjoy them actually...

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Get her a kong and put peanut butter in it, or yogurt etc. That will keep her busy
She gets a kong with cheezewhiz. That works really well for play and distraction. But doesn't seem to help with her teethy pains. (But of course if she is distracted, that at least helps.)

With yogurt - would you use plain, unflavoured yogurt? Don't they find it sour? (haha I do)

...Pumpkin Ice cubes (just canned pumpkin, frozen into an ice cube tray) to snack on while she was teething...
Pumpkin ice cubes! I would never have thought of that!

·
Registered
4,066 Posts
Pumpkin ice cubes are a good idea, I'll try that too :D

Trent loves eating just plain ol' ice cubes, too. What also works is a wet towel stuck into the freezer. After a few hours, we take out the frozen towel and he will sit there gnawing on it forever.

As for plain yogurt, Trent cannot get enough of it. I don't even like the smell, much less the taste, but dogs seem to go crazy for it!

·
Registered
498 Posts
Anything frozen! Freeze the kong, make different flavored ice cubes.

Ruby likes slices of pear frozen. And I freeze any of her rubber chew toys. I also made her a giant ice cube with treats in it, and a toy in the middle for her to get through to. It kept her entertained and helped when she was teething

1 - 6 of 6 Posts