Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Our 6 month old shiba has been teething quite a bit but recently has been sneezing and blowing her nose. She does it quite a bit throughout the day except when she's sleeping.

Is this normal or should we be concerned? I understand this can happen when dogs are teething I just wanted to double check.

Thanks!

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I think she might have an abcess tooth in the upper back, how can I check for sure? What should I look for? I see dried blood around the tooth right now.

How will the vet treat this?

Thanks!

·
Registered
1,351 Posts
It's always best to ask your vet.

If it's only transparent water that gets out of her nose when she sneeze, it's probably just something bothering her at the moment (dust, not being happy, ...)

As for the tooth, I have no clue.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yes, it's transparent water but I don't think it's dust because she also wheezes and acts like she's chewing on something when nothing is in her mouth.

She has a spay appt on Tuesday so I think it's probably going to end up getting pushed back.

I am so frustrated with this dog, she's sick with something new every 2 weeks, we've spent thousands on her and it's only been 6 months.

·
Registered
1,351 Posts
Where did you get her ?

Some shiba inus have really bad allergies, maybe it could be that ?

Akira would do strage things with his mouth when he was loosing his teeth but it was more around 4.5 months that he lost his teeth.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
We did not get her from a good place, long story short.

I don't think so, her mouth also reeks of blood, which seems like a very bad sign.

She's lost most her teeth except I think the ones in back.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts