Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Teddy the Newf turned 6 months old yesterday and weight in at 83 lbs, with his pack, Lucy and Lucky, 1.5 year old Cockapoos and the big sis Candy, 6 year old Golden Retriever.

Here is a picture when teddy was 9 weeks old

And today's shots:

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Aw, that's so cute! That last picture is great because even though he still looks like a puppy, he makes the other dogs seem out of balance and tiny!
Yes, I was thinking the same thing and he's only 1/2 way to his potential final weight.

Holy Moly! I did not expect him to be THAT big. :eek: He's bigger than Candy! He must be eating you out of house-n-home right now!!!
Yes, since we got him, we are going thru a 44 lbs bag of Canidae every 2 or 3 weeks. He now gets 6/7 cups a day, but that should slow down soon.

OMG! My how he's grown! All of your dogs are gorgeous.
Thank you, they are all very sweet and lovable.

·
Registered
343 Posts
I've always had a "thing" for newfies. I just wasn't sure if I could handle a dog that large, but I admire them when I see them.

·
Registered
926 Posts
Just beautiful - love your crew! I'm not showing the hubby those pictures - he wants a Newf, but with our 2 Berners - I would never stop vacuuming!

·
Registered
12,574 Posts
He is so cute. I love the comparison pictures. Just wait another 6 months! EEK! :)

·
Registered
2,135 Posts
What a cute pack! I loved the comparison...he's GROWN. And, I love how he's sitting in the second picture, it's hard to tell...but I think he's sitting like my Roe does with both of his legs splayed outward.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Thanks everyone!!!

I've always had a "thing" for newfies. I just wasn't sure if I could handle a dog that large, but I admire them when I see them.
That's how we stared, having a "thing for newfies". Then after our 15 year old Golden passed on in 07, we started researching over a year till we got our Newf. He is so lovable and sweet.

Just beautiful - love your crew! I'm not showing the hubby those pictures - he wants a Newf, but with our 2 Berners - I would never stop vacuuming!
We love Berners too, we are fornutate our other 3 do not really shed much like our Golden who passed on, with her, we had tumble weeds all over, much like we are starting to see now with our Newf as he lost his puppy fur.

He is so cute. I love the comparison pictures. Just wait another 6 months! EEK! :)
:), yes, from here on out, he will slow down and will take between 2 and 3 years to complete his ultimate size/weight.

What a cute pack! I loved the comparison...he's GROWN. And, I love how he's sitting in the second picture, it's hard to tell...but I think he's sitting like my Roe does with both of his legs splayed outward.
Actually, we had to stop and pull his legs even closer for the picture. He was laying down though... :)

omg!! i LOVE him! i want a newf sooooooooooo bad!
I know that feeling!! :)

1 - 14 of 14 Posts