Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

1 - 20 of 266 Posts

·
Registered
647 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I take your comment as a great compliment actually. He was so traumatized when I got him. He used to have this perpetually sad and nervous look on his face.

Here he is on the first day I got him:

And right before they sent him to me:

So...thank you:)

·
Registered
647 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yeah definitely a happy hyper camper now.

Here's his proud/happy/content look.

·
Registered
647 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
How many backpacks does he have!? :) Which have worked best for you?
He only has two, but has tried three in the past.

The Outward Hound was the first one he got. We went throught it pretty fast. We mostly used it for snowshoeing. The plastic got weaker with the cold weather and people would try and grab the handle on top during expedition, hoping he'd lead through the rough patches. That broke pretty fast.

He has a Granite Gear (the red one) which is pretty though and roomy. I'd say that's definitely the best one we tried.

The blue one is not resistant at all, but was given to me by someone who lost her dog.

He used to wear one all the time. He's really strong and he wouldn't pull on leash with one when he was younger. It was like it gave him a purpose. He'd calm down as soon as he'd have the backpack on. Then I started using it only when he'd be offleash since it was easier to grab him when it was time to go.

He rarely has one now since he rocks at walking on leash and since he got much better at the chasing game offleash.

·
Registered
673 Posts
I love that picture of him on the beach. :) Especially compared to the older pictures. Thank you for giving him such a happy life!

·
Registered
4,470 Posts
What a CUTE dog! I agree he looks so happy. :)
He is luck to have such a happy home.

·
Registered
647 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I don't always tease him. We actually had a great day at the beach (it's a national day off here).

·
Registered
7,296 Posts
That picture of him swimming in the lake.. It's like he's swimming into the sky!
God I love your dog.

·
Registered
7,296 Posts
This is probably going to automerge... But I can't get over the vast expanse of (beautifulness?!?!)!!!

1 - 20 of 266 Posts