Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Everyone,

My boyfriend and I have recently moved into an apartment. We have a mini schnauzer & a Weimaraner. The schnauzer sleeps with us but the Weimaraner sleeps in his cage at night and spends the day in it also. It isn't a wire cage it is more like a pet taxi. During the day he spends from around 7am to 3pm in it. We feel bad that he is in there during the night and during the day, so we are trying to find a different solution. We would really like to teach him to not sleep in there. We would love for him to sleep on the floor or on a dog bed next to us, then during the daytime keep him in the bathroom. The problem is that we don't completely trust him all the way. During the night we know he would jump on the bed and get down all night & it will keep us up. Also, we know that he and the schnauzer would be playing during the night. We really don't want him to get into anything and mess anything up. He is 90% trained and has the occasional accident. This really worries us. We want whats best for him and for us and I know he wouldbe happy not spend as much time in the kennel. Pleaseeeeee help!!!!! We don't know what to do!!!!

Thanks!!!

·
Registered
717 Posts
Well Hello! New here too... Can I venture an concern that the Weimaraner IS spending alot of time in the kennel... Am glad you are trying to rectify this. I would work on his not being crated so long during the Day... Is getting a Dog walker an option? Or coming home at lunch time for a quick check (if he is in the bathroom...) an option?....U could lay down puppy pee pads in front of the door they have this pee pad holder they sell at petstores... Sorry could not be of more help but we dont crate our dogs during the day... or at night either (my giant schnauzer has one but the door is open she uses it as her cave and will go in there occasionally).....

1 - 2 of 2 Posts