Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
475 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Are you a Facebook user?

Have a go at this: http://www.takethislollipop.com/

Spooky! Luckily I have never, ever posted any kind of street address on any social media site, so where ever this guy is driving, it definitely isn't to MY house, haha

Still, I like this concept video a lot. It's a great awareness campaign about how much information we share online. It's also super spooky which is great with Halloween right around the corner!

·
Registered
11,257 Posts
I'm not going to check that out on a work computer, but if its about matching your name and address, in most places that is easy to do even if you never post your address online yourself.
In many cities/counties in the US, property records are online so you can look up the address of any homeowner just with a full name (which is on Facebook for most people). Then google street view or property assessment records and up pops a picture of your house.

·
Registered
720 Posts
I think it finds your location based on IP address because my "current city" on facebook is very outdated by about 85 miles and 2 years, yet it showed a map of a town close to where I live now (not the exact town.)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts