Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
DSCN0834.jpg So my brother has a dog. He is a lovely Border Collie named Taco. Taco is a great dog, smart, friendly, playful. He is also the only Border Collie to EVER have lived in an apartment without distructive behaviors. Okay, maybe not the only on but I think its amazing.

Any way here is his amazing story I had to share. I get a call from my brother at like 11pm ish. He is crying and freaking out because Taco got out and he can't find him. Taco can open door so my brother must have not locked it when he left. So he is driving all over town all night with like 5 friends searching high and low for the dog.

No luck

7am. My mom gets a call from a stranger. We live like 25 miles from my brother who lives in a large town. But my brother never got Taco new tags so it just has the house number on them. Anyway, the dog isn't even in the same town any more. He walked 13 miles to the heart of PORTLAND. PORTLAND. 13 miles. ONE NIGHT. Long story shortend. Brother picked up dog. Taco slept all day and way VERY happy to be home.

Haha I just had to post this. Anyone else have any great finding lost pets stories. Its always great to here the happy ones where everyone gets home safe.

·
Registered
232 Posts
This happened to a friend of mine's dog, it also ended up in Portland, except it started out down by Gold Beach (Southern OR coast). It got out, wandered about 5 miles away to a rest stop, and someone decided it must be a stray and loaded it up and took it with them. Someone else at the rest stop saw them take the dog and thought it was odd enough behavior to actually write down the license plate, somehow my friends found these people and got the information and were able to go to Portland, get the police involved, and get their dog back.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts