Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2,296 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is it me, or are almost all behavior problems get solved by taking the dog out to play fetch for a couple hours? Well, not specifically fetch, but I've noticed that a vigorous 2-hour workout seems to fix nearly everything.

The dog is barking incessantly? Go out and play. Digging? Go out and play. Tearing up your shoes? Go out and play. And it works!

During a dark period of my life, I worked in tech support. We had a simple algorithm which solved 80% of all reported issues: (1) shut down the computer (2) get a cup of coffee (3) read the funnies, and (4) reboot the computer.

Obviously, dogs aren't computers (for one thing, they're a lot more reliable), but exercise does seem to be the solution to most problems. Or, to put it another way, insufficient exercise seems to be cause of most behavior problems.

·
Registered
5,284 Posts
Well, it doesn't SOLVE the problem, but it stops it, even if temporarily. That's the one thing I AGREE with Cesar Millan on. Exercise is beneficial.

Another meaning of "reboot" with a dog maybe is doing what I'm doing with Marge now that's she's in a little bit of a fear/reactive stage; keep away from all new things. Kind of like shutdown mode I guess, if you want to be technical, with a slow reboot period afterwards :p

1 - 2 of 2 Posts