Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I've decided that I'm going to switch my 2 year old cocker/lab mix dog food from Pruina Pro Plan to Nature's Recipe. It's been about 5 or 6 days. I've noticed that her poop has gotten more runny than usually. My question is: Is this normal? I had started to switch her from Pruina Pro Plan to Healthwise but again her stools were starting to get runny and I thought that the food wasn't agreeing with her so we stopped the Healthwise and decided to try Nature's Recipe. She seems to like it so I'm not sure what's going on. Thanks everyone.

·
Registered
1,525 Posts
It may take some time for her digestive system to normalize. I would go ahead and switch completely (slowly) and then give it a couple weeks after the switch to firm up.

·
Registered
11 Posts
I've also decided to switch from Pro Plan but to Wellness Just for Puppies. I'm doing my first combo bowl tonight at dinner. I'm nervous because his stools are formed (yet light brown) now. But I don't think it's the best food he can be on. I hope he doesn't get too too runny during the switch. *crosses fingers*. I guess we can keep each other updated!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts