Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

First time posting with a question and was hoping someone could help. I am looking to switch to a different dog food. My dog is a bulldog\pitbull mix I rescued about 8 months ago. He weighs around 75 pounds and is 4 years old.
I have been researching a lot of foods and kind of narrowed it down to two brands. The first is Farmina N&D Ancestral Grain Lamb and Blueberry and the second is Open Farm Grain Free Lamb. I am leaning towards Farmina just
because of the grain free heart disease issue but if anyone can help or if anyone has experience with either food and how there dog has done on the food please let me know.

Thanks

·
Registered
549 Posts
Why lamb? I'm asking because diets based on lamb typically have less taurine as well.
Either way, avoid grain free, but Farmina is a great food.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the reply. I want to try switching to lamb to see if it helps with some skin allergies I think he may have. He just seems to be scratching often and Ive read it could be the chicken.

·
Registered
363 Posts
I switched my puppy to Farmina Ancestral grain lamb a couple weeks ago after she refused to eat her prior kibble. I too think my pup has a chicken allergy. She absolutely loves the food. After her food bowl is empty she will go and just lick the bowl. Farmina also adds taurine to their food. They also have a grain inclusive cod flavor that I am going to try next.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts