Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
HAHA!

I actually have the swine flu, and I have not been to Mexico, none of my friends have, and I have yet to lick a pig ;)
But that is really funny! Such a cute picture!

·
Registered
4,135 Posts
It's nice to see that there are still senses of humor about it.

Sigh... around here it has gotten beyond scary. The first reported death in my city was found out today. And since we live near the border and my college campus is SUPER CLOSE to the border... we are all wearing masks to school everyday.

I think they are going to close our schools down soon in order to do screening. It's getting terrifying here where I live... so it's funny to see a sweet and gross pic :).
Nessa

·
Registered
1,004 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
HAHA!

I actually have the swine flu, and I have not been to Mexico, none of my friends have, and I have yet to lick a pig ;)
But that is really funny! Such a cute picture!
I'm sorry to hear you have the flu. My husband has the flu and refuses to go to the doc's. Oh well - I hope you get better soon and thanks for commenting.

That's cute and gross all in one picture haha.
lol

It's nice to see that there are still senses of humor about it.

Sigh... around here it has gotten beyond scary. The first reported death in my city was found out today. And since we live near the border and my college campus is SUPER CLOSE to the border... we are all wearing masks to school everyday.

I think they are going to close our schools down soon in order to do screening. It's getting terrifying here where I live... so it's funny to see a sweet and gross pic :).
Nessa
Oh that's right - you're on that side of town. You be careful out there and don't forget to wash your hands (sorry, wanted to pretend i was mom).

Thanks for not getting offended guys, i was afraid of that.

·
Registered
267 Posts
XD

I saw that picture the other day.

I'm kind of worried about getting swine flu. I've heard that it has killed healthy people. I don't know if that's true or just a rumor. There hasn't yet been any cases of it where I live, though.

·
Registered
357 Posts
LMAO....That is funny but disgusting at the same time. I'm worried about getting it to. The news already reported that one person has died from the Swine Flu. Lets hope and pray the get this under control and that it doesnt become a pandemic.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Yeah. I thought I had a cold or flu and that was it. I didn't even have a fever! But I started coughing really bad and then coughed up blood and thought I should go to the docs. Swabbed my mouth, gave me antivirals and sent me on my way. Told me the blood was from coughing so much so I must have ripped something and not to worry.
Went to the doc earlier today to be told, yeah, you do have swine flu. Stay in your house and don't go out until all your symtoms go away.

It kinda sucks cause I've already missed a week of school and now I'm supposed to stay out for longer! I can't miss this much!

·
Registered
27 Posts
Feel better Silvergirl. Drink plenty of fluids and get plenty of rest.
Thank you very much! :) I have been and so far I am feeling so much better than I first did. Before I could barely get out of bed, at least now I can get up throughout the day. I still take naps during the day though ;)

·
Registered
357 Posts
How did you get the Swine Flu? I think you should find out who gave it to you and file a multi million dollar lawsuit LOL I want half lolol

·
Registered
823 Posts
I live in Columbus, OH and I live literally right across the street from the OSU Medical Center. Every case of H1N1 (pig people do not like it when we call it swine flu lol) in Ohio is getting sent to the Med Center. Fun fun. And someone was just diagnosed who lives in a dorm right by mine... So far all of our cases have been mild and the first 2 have already been discharged. I can't imagine how scary it must be to be places where it is really bad. I hope all of our DFers stay healthy (or get healthy).

·
Super Moderator
11,443 Posts
My husband has the flu and refuses to go to the doc's.
That's absolutely insane. One of the reasons there have been so many deaths in Mexico and so few elsewhere is because people in Mexico have not been seeking medical care quickly. Treatment of any kind of flu, especially swine flu, depends on getting help within 48 hours of the first symptoms.

This is no time to be stoic or stubborn. I hope he's not going to work.

·
Registered
2,290 Posts
I woke up this morning with a sore throat... : ( Really bad, and now a runny nose... I haven't come in-contact with hardly anyone the last couple weeks, but my two younger sisters go to school. : (

All this swine flu scare is scaring me!

·
Super Moderator
11,443 Posts
The cases in the U.S. have been pretty mild for the most part - even compared with regular seasonal flu.

But, again, treatment must be early or you're just going to prolong the symptoms and, likely, infect others.

There's no reason to panic, but there are very good reasons to see a doctor early.

·
Registered
395 Posts
Thankfully we don't have any cases in our area... I had the flu a week or so ago, but I'm pretty sure it wasn't that, or at least I hope not!

Very cute picture though! And... a little gross. :p lol. Thanks for sharing!

·
Registered
1,004 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
This is no time to be stoic or stubborn. I hope he's not going to work.
Tell me about it! He didn't go to work during the time he felt sick but I'm glad to report he's ok now.

XD

I saw that picture the other day.

I'm kind of worried about getting swine flu. I've heard that it has killed healthy people. I don't know if that's true or just a rumor. There hasn't yet been any cases of it where I live, though.
LMAO....That is funny but disgusting at the same time. I'm worried about getting it to. The news already reported that one person has died from the Swine Flu. Lets hope and pray the get this under control and that it doesnt become a pandemic.
You guys shouldn't be worried - this will be over soon

My boss just came from Cabos 2 weeks ago now he is sick. His gf was sick when he went to visit her she had most of the symptoms of the swine flu....so we are keeping our fingers crossed that he dont have it
How's your boss doing now?
Yeah. I thought I had a cold or flu and that was it. I didn't even have a fever! But I started coughing really bad and then coughed up blood and thought I should go to the docs. Swabbed my mouth, gave me antivirals and sent me on my way. Told me the blood was from coughing so much so I must have ripped something and not to worry.
Went to the doc earlier today to be told, yeah, you do have swine flu. Stay in your house and don't go out until all your symtoms go away.
It kinda sucks cause I've already missed a week of school and now I'm supposed to stay out for longer! I can't miss this much!
I hope you get better soon

I live in Columbus, OH and I live literally right across the street from the OSU Medical Center. Every case of H1N1 (pig people do not like it when we call it swine flu lol) in Ohio is getting sent to the Med Center. Fun fun. And someone was just diagnosed who lives in a dorm right by mine... So far all of our cases have been mild and the first 2 have already been discharged. I can't imagine how scary it must be to be places where it is really bad. I hope all of our DFers stay healthy (or get healthy).
diddo!
I woke up this morning with a sore throat... : ( Really bad, and now a runny nose... I haven't come in-contact with hardly anyone the last couple weeks, but my two younger sisters go to school. : (
All this swine flu scare is scaring me!
Have you gone to the dr.s?

Thankfully we don't have any cases in our area... I had the flu a week or so ago, but I'm pretty sure it wasn't that, or at least I hope not!
Very cute picture though! And... a little gross. :p lol. Thanks for sharing!
you welcome

·
Registered
357 Posts
LOL..Pig People lol. Do you work in a hospital Craven?

·
Registered
823 Posts
Nope. But I am around the people who work there all the time, on buses, in restaurants, etc. since I live so close. I am a student of the Agricultural college, so I also get to talk to some people who are very defensive of their pigs. My room mate went on a tour of OSU's swine facility a few weeks ago, but they are extremely biosecure, so it would take a lot for them to get infected.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts