Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay, here is what happened. almost 3 months ago my dog was hit by a car and broke her pelvis, femur in 2 places, and ruptured her bladder. She had surgery and the put a plate in her leg and fixed her bladder. When they put the plate into her leg, her leg popped back into place. Well, as you know it, it popped back out, and has be out for at least a month. She went to the vet today and he wants to do an FHO. My dog weighs 34 pounds and is very active with running, jumping, and swimming. Is this a good idea to get the FHO? I was reading that a hip replacement is better. Understand that I am only 16 and still have 5k in vet bills left. The surgeon said that he would give me a discount on the FHO because he has already operated on her. She is an Australian Cattle dog. He feels that this surgery with benefit her most and she will do really well. What do you guys think?

·
Registered
594 Posts
I think you have to ask yourself how much you trust this surgeon and there opinion. Can you talk to other clients who have had this surgery done by this surgeon and see what their results were?

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
To be honest, I have spoke with the guy once. He seems to know what he is doing as he, did fix her leg, and her ruptured bladder, that was really messed up. When I got her back, she didn't pee blood or anything. I Feel like he knows what he is doing. He said he would cut me a deal for the FHO since he has operated on her before. He wants $800.00 if she doesn't stay over night.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts