Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
521 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Fraggle and Angel just got to spend the week being Superdogs at the Royal Manitoba Winter Fair. What an adrenilin rush! Superdogs perform all over North America. Next week they are in California and they will also be performing in Costa Rico this year. They always try to have a few local dogs perform at every venue. One of the girls who instructs our agility class asked us if we would like to apprentice. How could we give up such an awesome opportunity? We apprenticed for the first three days and then were asked to stay for the last three days! We had fun doing relay races and high jumps and a game called "Crystal Caves" with lots of tunnels and racing a clock. There is a ton of participation from the audience and it is great fun. The host is an amazing man who is turning 81 this year and he has energy and the ability to motivate that is just unbelievable. If anyone gets a chance to the see the show or be in it, I can tell you, you won't be sorry.

·
Super Moderator
7,273 Posts
Hey, another Manitoban! I love the Royal Manitoba Winter Fair! I would have loved to go this year, but just didn't have the time or money. Maybe next year. I love the Super Dogs, that's so cool that you got a chance to apprentice!

·
Registered
521 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hello to another Manitoban! We live right here in Brandon and have seen the Superdogs in action, Never in my wildest dreams, the last time we watched the show, did I imagine that I would be down in the chute awaiting my turn on stage. It isn't that Fraggle is extremely talanted, it is more that they like unique dogs that are happy and have lots of drive. I think a Pug would make an awesome Superdog!

·
Super Moderator
7,273 Posts
lol, yeah, they often have at least one dog that is more interested in running away with the jump poles or going through the jumps, lol. I actually do hope to train Kuma in agility, he's very active, can clear the back of our couch from a standstill, and really seems to enjoy playing around with agility equipment. Just gotta find the money and time for it.

·
Registered
521 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

Fraggle is a Tibetan Terrier rescued from Funds for Furry Friends, Angel is a rescue Border Collie, and the two dogs on the end Karma and Stryker are littermates from a breeder on our flyball team. I love rescues, but I think now that I know Fraggle is a Tibetan Terrier, I will probably have another one someday.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts