Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,122 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just can't seem to shake this funk I'm in. I'm tired all the time, and I could sleep all day. A 30 minute nap the other day turned into 3 hours. I sleep good at night, I got to bed at 10, then get up at 5:30-6:30 to let the dogs out to pee, and o they can get a bite to eat, then I go back to bed and sleep till 9. Laitly though I've been sleeping in till 12 :doh:

Could depression be causing this? I have had problems in the past, but its been 3 or 4 years. Could it be the weather? It's raining almost every day. I'm having problems finding a job, I can't even get an interveiw. Maybe that could be the root of it all?

It's 1:05 AM, and I'm normaly asleep, but some idiot thought it would be a good idea to shoot off fire works or some thing, and now my dogs are freeking out. :frusty:

:hurt: I just want to be normal again. BTW I go see the OBGYN today for a yearly thing so I can get a refill on my BC pills, so I'll talk to her about it. I just want to see what others think it could be.

·
Registered
3,504 Posts
Could be a mix of stress and weather. I would make sure to tell your OBGYN about to let them know. Since you have had depression in the past I would also talk to your doctor about it. I am not normal either. I go to bed at 2am and have to be up at 6am. I just can't go to bed earlier or any later. Sometimes I just wish I could curl up with the dogs and go to bed like normal people!!

·
Registered
1,215 Posts
I went though the same thing when I couldn't find a job, including depression. That was a few years ago but still I remember what helped me. Exercise!!! Sounds stupid I know, but try exercising just a little more then usual, extend the walk another half hour for example It's hard to say on here cos I assume most people are pretty active cos they have dogs lol. If I got myself absolutely stuffed next morning id wake up feeling dandy!A

·
Registered
468 Posts
I have been having a bit of the same issues. I have dealt with depression on and off since 8th grade, but have been successfully off prozac for over a year now. I have been stressing about school and a bunch of hard classes I have to take, as well as dealing with some budgeting and financial issues. I think sometimes people get into funks and off moods for a few weeks or months, but sometimes I do wonder if it is the depression coming back. I was on the Yaz pills a while back and they made me crazy! My anxiety was so bad I would have panic attacks in the car or just at my house and not know why. I would literally be sitting there crying but not even having a real reason. I switched to a different bc method (ring) and it went away. So it could be hormones, but I think also people just have low points in life. The problem for me, and I am sure others who have have suffered from depression, is figuring out if it is just a normal down in the dumps state or actual depression coming back.

But I know the "I just want to be normal again" feeling. It sucks :(

·
Registered
1,122 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
Well the Depression has been managed up to this point with BC pills, because I refused to go on meds. I'm on the 3 month pill, and I've been on it for a few years now. I have a very high imunsystem, and I can become immune to the pill (I can't take Advil or any thing like that because it doesn't work any more), but so far this one has lasted the longest.

I don't get out and walk as much as I used to, because the rain, if its not raining its to hot/humid. Outreadmillil is broke so that doesn't help >.<

hopingeing it's just a funk from stress and weather. I'll y'alla'll know what the doc says.

P.S. Some times friends have the best timing, My best friend wants to take me to Island of Adventure tomorrow. Thats thetheme theam park I haven't been to in the state of FL, OtherLegon lego land, but that just open this year.

·
Registered
507 Posts
Since you have a history of depression, this would be the first thing I'd look at. However, there are several physiological causes of fatigue that only a doctor could rule out. Disorders of thyroid, hormone imbalance and autoimmune hijinks are the first things that popped into my head. Certain viruses can cause chronic fatigue too. Go talk to your doctor - whatever's causing this it's not normal for you and you deserve to feel good!

·
Registered
10,186 Posts
Depression definitely can cause this, but I'd get looked at for physical causes, too. Fatigue is, unfortunately, a symptom of many, many diseases, ranging from the basically harmless, a common virus, to the seriously life threatening. Please, please look further than depression. My mother was diagnosed with depression. It turned out every artery into her heart was 99% blocked and she seemed "depressed" because her body wasn't getting enough blood. My MIL was diagnosed with fibromyalgia based on her fatigue. Fibromyalgia is a legitimate diagnosis, but it should only be made after ruling absolute everything else out. Her doctor went for fibromyalgia first, and it turned out my MIL has congestive heart failure. She came within hours of dying. They were saying things like "if she survives the next two hours, we'll do a quadruple bypass." If she survives. She did, but still.

·
Registered
1,019 Posts
A medical check up would be a good thing to do. Your thyroid and B12 levels can has a lot to do with being tired and/or lazy feeling.

I hope you get it figured out, whatever it is. Good luck =]

·
Registered
7,262 Posts
Sorry you're feeling this way - I'm very familiar with the super tired / depressed state. Definitely mention it to your doc. In addition to the other medical conditions mentioned above, low iron levels can cause fatigue and depression-like symptoms. Hope you start feeling better soon.

·
Registered
1,258 Posts
I hope you can get to the bottom of this problem - definitely tell your doctor, and don't sugarcoat it! Please keep us informed - we care!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts