Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello Everyone! I'm new here and I'm desperate. I have a really big problem and i'm hoping someone could help me. I have a Belgian Malinois who is terribly afraid of thunders and fireworks (any strong explosion). We are already working that issue with training but the fear stills at level 10. On the other hand he never goes to potty inside the house, no matter what, he waits until we go to the park (we live in an apartment). We live in a "war zone" because at anytime we hear fireworks or explosions. The thing is he had a terrible accident with a stick and had major surgery 4 days ago. He hasn't poop yet, he has pee less than usual beacuse every time we go outside we listen some sort of explosion (dinamitations, or whatever, i don't know). I've tried all hours, at night, midnight, dawn, morning and afternoon and we always get one of those. We can't go to the park and I can't play with him because he's in recovery. I usually play with him and distract him from the detonations until he poops. But now I need to make him poop inside the house any ideas on how to accomplish that? I'd appreciate any comments and ideas on how to make him poop inside... thank you.

·
Registered
6,415 Posts
Google "Matching dogs". Show dog handlers will do it to get the dogs to poop before they go in the ring. Once you have some poop, leave a little on a pad, to attract him back there.

Look into Thundershirts for the noise anxiety. Also get some Melatonin, and give your dog 3 mg about 20 min before taking him out. It makes them not care as much about noise. Stuff cotton in his ears before walks.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts