Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4,135 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Teehee GUYS I'M GOING TO MY FIRST SPECIALTY!!!

I joined a new WONDERFUL Great Dane forum just 2 1/2 weeks ago and have made some great friends already. One person that is on there has already been with me on another Dane forum since before I got Callahan and Jade.

Well he told me about the big Dane Specialties in Shelby, Ohio in June and invited me up there with him and all the other forum members. It was a spur of the moment decision, but our hotel room is booked and the flights are booked! LOL! JAMES AND I ARE GOING! I'm so darn excited, I cant wait... it's killing me that it's ALL THE WAY in June! LOL!

I've made friends with another gal on that forum that we'll be hanging out with for all for days of the show! She has one of the most handsome Fawn Danes ever... uggh! So handsome. He will be showing those 4 days :D.
This is her site... Wilson her dane is on the front page. He's just a pup!
http://www.adfdanes.com/ (Teagan and Gator have crossed over the Rainbow Bridge :()

ANOTHER HUGE THING!!! She (friend that owns Wilson) is going to personally introduce me to the breeder I have been admiring even before I had Callahan & Jade. :eek: I have been talking to the breeder through the forum and we have become forum friends... but I am just overwhelmed to know that I am going to meet her in person!!! and meet her Finished Stud that I have only been DREAMING of getting a puppy from forever! Dublin!
This is her site... Dublin is under "Stud Dogs", He is magnificent!
(DUBLIN is 1 of only 47 Mantles that has actually been FINISHED to date... since the color was recognized in 1999!!!)
http://www.saravillagreatdanes.com/

Mimi (the breeder) is wonderful and is so helpful and willing to answer all questions I have! Michelle (Wilson's mom) has offered to be somewhat of my mentor for the Obedience and Rally "world" and for getting my first Reputably Bred Dane pup. Alex (forum friend we're staying with at the show) is so great and such a great friend.

It's finally happening... Michelle told me it will really happen for me now, I've gotten the ball rolling and am starting relationships with the people that will help me to my Great Dane Showing Dream! SO EXCITED YOU ALL!!!

Just had to share my huge excitement with you all!!! AHHHHHHHHH!
Nessa

·
Registered
343 Posts
Have fun!!!! It's fun to fall in love with a breed, and then get to meet the people that maintain, better, and influence it! Have fun in Ohio!

I myself just got back from a samoyed specialty (Also in Ohio!) and I saw so many dogs/bitches that I just wanted to take home.

It was fantastic. The breed club is awesome, and I'm so glad I got to go.

I also understand what it's like to become very impressed with a breeder then meet them in person at a show! That just happened and I loved it.

I'm going to the national specialty in October, too!!!

Anyway, sorry to ramble about me. It was just ironic that you posted about this and I just got to actually do it! My boyfriend was like, "Babe, can we take home one today? I don't want to wait!" It's cool that he's getting into it too.

Sounds like your man is the same way.

You'll have to take lots of pictures and make sure to post them.

·
Registered
4,135 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Have fun!!!! It's fun to fall in love with a breed, and then get to meet the people that maintain, better, and influence it! Have fun in Ohio!

I myself just got back from a samoyed specialty (Also in Ohio!) and I saw so many dogs/bitches that I just wanted to take home.

It was fantastic. The breed club is awesome, and I'm so glad I got to go.

I also understand what it's like to become very impressed with a breeder then meet them in person at a show! That just happened and I loved it.

I'm going to the national specialty in October, too!!!

Anyway, sorry to ramble about me. It was just ironic that you posted about this and I just got to actually do it! My boyfriend was like, "Babe, can we take home one today? I don't want to wait!" It's cool that he's getting into it too.

Sounds like your man is the same way.

You'll have to take lots of pictures and make sure to post them.
Oh gosh!!! CONGRATS!!!! I would love to hear all about it! If you want to PM me sometime! Ooooooh hehe so happy for you!
I bet it truly was a dream come true!

Yes, hehe James is wonderful! He is excited for me and is excited to be able to go! He cannot wait until we are able to get a Reputably Bred puppy and he cannot wait for me to realize my dream of Showing! He's wonderful!
Glad your man is great too! Doesnt it feel great to have support?!

Oh girl! You know I will be taking pics! haha! Did you take pics?! I would love to see them!
nessa

1 - 3 of 3 Posts