Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
19,018 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
She was home a few hours before I noticed, no one else noticed either. It's definitely gotten bigger since I first saw it.

Any ideas? We'll be going to the vet tomorrow, I suppose. I'm worrying but she's acting fine. My poor girl. :(

·
Registered
2,519 Posts
It could be a Stye.. I know people get them on the eye lid just like that (cause I've had them) I'd check with the vet anyway, but if it is a stye, they are pretty simple to treat.. the two I've had I fixed by applying a hot compress to it for about five minutes at a time and then removing it and letting it cool.. it makes it drain out or something. There are also creams you can use... Obviously check with the vet before trying any of that.. but.. that's my thoughts :)

·
Registered
1,525 Posts
Do your little ones play rough? My first thought was that she got a tooth or nail in the eye. Looks sore! Poor Sweetie!

·
Registered
19,018 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well, we got back from the vet. It's a stye and infected but we can't see if anything is in it. So we're trying some drops plus meds to try to clear it up. If that doesn't work then they're going to have to sedate her and do surgery on it. Hopefully it won't come to that. We should know if the meds are working within a week.

Good non-surgery vibes would be appreciated.

·
Registered
926 Posts
Hopefully just a stye and the meds will clear everything up. Good luck!!

·
Registered
1,525 Posts
Is her eye getting any better after a couple day on the meds?

·
Registered
19,018 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Is her eye getting any better after a couple day on the meds?
It seems to be... I'll have to get a picture of it soon. It's not nearly as red but I can't tell if the swelling is going down or not.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts