Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

Suggestions for dog with fractured pelvis

464 views 3 replies 2 participants last post by  Jacty2394 
#1 ·
Hello. I am new to this forum. My 2 year old dog was hit by a car 2 days ago. After an x-ray the vet said she has a fractured pelvis. They recommended to crate her and keep her still for 6 weeks. I noticed this morning she has a dark bruise on her stomach and it has me concerned. I felt like this should have showed up already. She is eating and drinking and she urinated this morning but last BM was early Wed morning. She hasn't eaten much and is getting zero energy expelled. I'm going to call the vet about the bruise. Has anyone else experienced this with their dog? I've read Kong toys are great when they are bed ridden. Looking for any suggestions please.

#3 ·
So sorry to hear of this accident.

The bruise could be nothing or it could be a sign of something more serious. I'd suggest a trip back to the Vet.

I have no experience with an injury of a nature to require extended rest for the dog. I can only offer sympathy.

#4 ·
Thank you. I took her back to the vet yesterday and the doctor said she was fine. He wasn't concerned about the bruise. She's eating and drinking and expelling. The hardest part for her now is keeping still. But she's a trooper and I'm positive she will recover and be back to her wild self. ?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.