Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all!

Do any of your dogs wet their beds??

My toy poodle was sleeping and she suddenly got up and started sniffing under her leg like she would before she peed. I went over to bring her to the pee pad but found that her inner thighs and part of her right leg was wet! There was also a small puddle on the floor. It was colourless and didn't smell of urine at all, but looking at the state she was in and her sniffing, I think it is urine.

She looks fine, just really puzzled and kept sniffing herself. I brought her to the newspaper and asked her to pee-pee(she knows what it means), she didn't pee anymore but rubbed her feet like should would after she finished pee-ing. BUT while I was cleaning up my room and went back to the kitchen, there was a new puddle of very watery, smell-less pee on the newspaper. And she looked soooooo happy.... LOL

Ok now here comes the confession part. I THINK her sudden overwhelming supply of urine is due to the 'soup' that I gave her for dinner. It's her normal full water bowl amount and it's basically water that was used to boil beef chunks for her dinner. She drank everything at one go. She normally doesn't drink that much fluid at one go, and she has access to water all day, so I'm afraid I might have overloaded her bladder to the point that she couldn't control it.

I gave her the soup because my mum kept bugging me about how yellow (almost orange) her urine is. And sometimes it gets quite thick (I think it's because it has begun to dry up). Now great we have urine as clear as water but it keeps running???

So sorry about my super long story... I just want to know if I have done something terribly wrong to my dog? Will it be permanent damage??

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Oh and I forgot to add that I brought her out for a walk and she squatted for ages.... I was thinking 'wow that's a lot of pee'... She's over a year old and has quite a predictable pee schedule.... so doesn't seem like a pee accident

·
Registered
339 Posts
Maybe don't give her as much soup next time? If it's a one time deal, I wouldn't worry about it. However, if this keeps happening, I say bring her to a vet asap.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts