Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, Pocky's been potty-trained since FOREVER. She's more than a year and a half old now.
However, today, my dad told me that she pooped inside the house twice. At first, I didn't think too much of it (because she has been known for pooping inside if nobody lets her outside when she asks), but then he told me that he left the door open all day. So I thought that was a little weird.

Then, earlier, she jumped on the couch and just peed all over it. It didn't help that I was sitting right next to her. -.- I thought this was REALLY strange, because she hasn't peed inside for so long, I don't even remember when her last "pee accident" was.

Can anybody tell me what could be wrong?

·
Registered
10,534 Posts
There are many possibilities, the FIRST thing I'd do is rule out anything going on MEDICALLY (so a trip to the vet ASAP).

·
Registered
10,186 Posts
I'm voting a medical issue. Did you change his food? Did he eat something he shouldn't have? Has anything in his life change? I rearranged the furniture once and sent muggsy into a tailspin.

Also, every time someone fails to take pocky out and forces him to go inside, they're reinforcing inside as the proper place to go. Perhaps, if you rule out medical, pocky reached the tipping point and decided inside it is.

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I didn't change anything in her life, but I did leave her with my dad, and I'm pretty sure he was cooking all day (so he was going in and out of the house). Plus it didn't help that he left the door to his room open (usually we close all doors otherwise she'll go in the room and mess with something), so I guess that was an added temptation. But I really don't understand the random peeing.

Today, she was fine again. She asked to go outside like normal when I was home, and I was gone pretty much all day, which means she was with my parents and brother, and my dad said she asked to go outside when she was with them, too.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts