Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
743 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Posting this question for Chels_Girl so she can keep an eye on Kali. I'm on the phone with her getting information as I type this...

She suddenly started sniffing loudly, and reaching around sniffing her rear end, legs, and belly. It seems like she's uncomfortable. She'll lay down, then sniff around her butt and back legs, then suddenly stand up and sniff her back end again...

It's not like she's in pain, but it's incredibly odd behavior and she hasn't done something like this before. Obviously it's out of the usual enough for Chels_girl to be concerned over it.

She has black ink on her front legs, if that's helpful.

·
Registered
743 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Kali has short fur. Chels just checked her over for something like that after I relayed your comment, and couldn't find anything.

·
Registered
20,765 Posts
Does she seem to have gas at all? Toby will sometimes do that if he's farting, LOL.

What's up with the black ink?

·
Registered
434 Posts
I didn't notice any gas, but she seemed to have mellowed out some. She and Syd were playing a bit ago outside...
The ink was from a pen she chewed up, I think, but I can't find the pen

·
Registered
209 Posts
Is it possible her anal glands need to be expressed? Don't no if that would have to do with her sniffing her belly though.

I know my cat did that when she was in labor, but I doubt Kali is pregnant or about to give birth :)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts