Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was finally able to clip Perlita's nails!! She HATES it. I tried introducing the clippers slowly, giving her treats when she saw the clippers, lightly touching the clippers to her while giving her treats... nothing helped. Every time those things came out she totally freaked out.

Well the other week she had pink eye and we had to put these drops into her eyes. She hated it at first, but then because she got so many treats she started getting used to it. I thought-- well we gotta do the same thing with nail clipping!

So I got my boyfriend to hold her down and constantly feed her cheese, bacon pieces, bread and cucumbers (all her favorite things) while I went as quickly as possible with the clippers. And it worked!!! She was happy and calm and now I have a dog with proper nails.:rockon:

·
Registered
13,075 Posts
Congrats on that! :) I never did get Leeo to like it. My others are ok with it ... Lucy ... not sure about her ... I haven't tried it yet. :/

·
Registered
5 Posts
aha I remember when I first tried to clip my two huskies. Tasia had no problem with it and it actually seemed like she enjoyed it. My other one though, Amore, absolutely dreaded it. She whined and tried rolling over several times to get away from me. It was hilarious but also frustrating. I too started feeding her treats and now I am able to clip her.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts