Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, I've been having an issue with Nala barking at the broom whenever I try to sweep. I was going to post here, but I searched instead and found a few helpful threads about dogs barking, saying to put yourself between them and what they are barking at.

I didn't know if this would work since she was barking at a broom, not people, but this time when I swept, I kept myself between her and the broom. She sniffed, and was interested at first, but by the time I was half done, she lost interest altogether. Only time will tell if it really worked, but for now, I saw a definite improvement :)

Anyone else have similar stories of just trying something, and having it work?

·
Registered
2,290 Posts
Well, here recently, I started teaching my dog to "touch"... I go about most of the tricks I teach him as if he already knows them, but just "forgot"... If that makes sense. A lot of people have suggested I take time in training him and "shape the behavior"... I can't do that. Donatello's a very intelligent dog... Manchester/Jack Russel Terrier-mix, so he's highly intelligent. :rolleyes: Anyway, if I "beat around the bush" on what I except from him, he gets confused, and his own confusion can scare him...

We've been working on "touch" for three days, and he's got it down pat... He knows that "touch" means to 'touch' my fingertips... Granted he's still learning that "touch" means to 'touch' my fingertips wherever they're at, but he'll get that soon enough...

1 - 2 of 2 Posts