Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

Subaru Seatbelt for dogs

Tags
subaru
1K views 2 replies 3 participants last post by  Jack Naylor 
#1 ·
#2 ·
Looks like this is just a branded version of the Sleepypod Clickit harness - which isn't a bad thing! That's one of the few dog car harnesses out there that's actually safety tested. I've used one on and off for a few years now and it's very nice and secure.

#3 ·
Not for the OP but in case new folks arrive, and do like I do .... search the forum 1st on my proposed topic so as not to clog up the forum with same questions over and over again, so if anyone is looking for alternatives ... we came across the Enhanced Strength True Fit by accident.

We were using the Kurgo Journey harness as an every day thing (It was beefiest one on the store that day), when dog was on the zip line, where it got some good running stops because of the squirrels over 2 years, the attachment clip broke. I called to ask if I could buy something that was stronger (she's about 65 pounds) and they said "No,you can't" ... we will send you a replacement free of charge. The 1st one got lost in mail, they sent another, the sizes are different for Journey and Tru-Fit.so they sent a 3rd and the lost one arrived a few days later. Rather than process a return,they asked that we donate to a shelter which we did.

The new Tru-Fit Enhanced Strength harness had beefier clips and is more adjustable...the outside of the clip had on the Journey rounded corners bit the inside did not; sharp corners in metal is a bad thing as it's a stress concentrator. The new one is much improved. It's about 20% more expensive than the Journey (when we bought it / discounted now) but only about half the cost on the sleepypod. To my eyes the TruFit is a lot beefier with stronger looking straps and clips (no plastic) using materials take from mountain climbers. You also get a short leash for loading in and out of car as well as a front tag ring for your dog's license, rabies, chop,ID and other tags

They says it's been crash tested (one version to 75 /the other to 108 pounds) ... I hope not with actual dogs ...or hooman drivers for that matter. It seems there's new stuff coming out every month or so ....

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.