Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

41 - 46 of 46 Posts

·
Banned
242 Posts
yike, my parents obese "pit bull" has theigh muscles.. genetics man.

hard to put muscle on my Pit mix but its still possible with a lot of work

·
Registered
11,339 Posts
Right on the 55 pounds, but wrong on the 75. :) Lily the pittie weighs 35 pounds (small but solid), and Leontine the GSD weighs 55 pounds. Lily gets about 1.5 cups a day, and Leo gets just under 2 cups a day of Pro Plan Salmon and Rice Sensitive Skin and Stomach kibble.

Ha ha, fooled by the fluff. Or maybe an odd sized garbage can. Yeah, let's go with that.

Pretty close on the food.

Lily is a cute wee pocket pittie. I had a foster way back when (Frankie) who had a similar body type but was about 55 lbs. Had the longer legs and slimmer body compared to the stout bulkier pits

·
Registered
1,785 Posts
Ha ha, fooled by the fluff. Or maybe an odd sized garbage can. Yeah, let's go with that.

Pretty close on the food.

Lily is a cute wee pocket pittie. I had a foster way back when (Frankie) who had a similar body type but was about 55 lbs. Had the longer legs and slimmer body compared to the stout bulkier pits

That's our huge city trash can, but yeah the fluff is misleading, and most people think Leo's a lot bigger than she is.. :)

Lily has some really wonky conformation, with flat withers and a significant dip behind them, and if she's not stretched out some, she's very high in the rear. (And no, she wasn't spayed early, but after at least three heat cycles.) She's 19" at the withers, and Leo is maybe 25"? This is a good picture, with them standing on the same plane, and next to a bench for reference.

"Did someone say we were looking for a rabbit?" by Rosemary Elwell, on Flickr

·
Banned
242 Posts
Deacon also specializes in high rears, he was a early fix at 8 wks of age. His front feet are pushed a little forward, its even more dramatic when he is standing square

41 - 46 of 46 Posts